_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
New Invincible Pics
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 05:28 AM UTC
Here's some updated pictures of the Invincible. With a new baby in the house, I haven't had much time to work on her the last two weeks. However, I have finally gotten to the photo-etch stage.

The aft boat skid is done, as are the boat booms for the 32' cutters. The PE booms were scrapped, and new ones fashioned from brass rod. The boat cradles were pilfered from the WEM 1/350 KGV set:

The first of the railings have been added to the foward superstructure. Next step is to figure out how to replicate the canvas covers on the railings...

I'm in the home stretch now. Once the superstructure is railed, I have just the main deck railings left to do. I also have to finish making the blast bags for the main battery turrets and rig her...but I can see the end, where the Dreadnought is waiting in the wings.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 02:56 PM UTC
Looking good, Martin...
love the scratch aft boat skid, mate, quite a difference from the kit supplied one...thanks for the update!
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 05:24 PM UTC
Hi Martin

Excellent as usual
As for the canvas, my suggestion is for you to use that paper that usually comes to protect the decals (very thin) and use diluted white glue to set it to the raillings.
You should trim/cut to size before apply it

Hope this helps

Skipper

grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 417 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 07:00 PM UTC
Martin,
Really nice. Your PE work looks terrific.
Another fine paper that I think works well are the "Roll your own" cigarette papers. Very thin, fine grained and flexible.
The stairs in the first photo look absolutely real. Nice work!
Best regards,
Gary
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 02:23 AM UTC
Martin, truly spectacular work!!

(BTW, I'd PAY to be in the store when you walk in and ask for "Zig-Zag" rolling paper!!!! "It's for my battleship model. No, really!") :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Tom
 _GOTOTOP