_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
More Invincible pictures...
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 12:45 AM UTC
This picture is a few days old, but as you can see, I've been moving along adding railings to the superstructure here. Since this has been taken, the railings on this area are done, and those on the top two levels have been covered in white glue to simulate canvas covers - you can see the effect on the railing on the uppermost platform.

I've also been touching up the turrets. Next, I'm going to mask off the tops of the turrets and respray the light gray on the turret sides and faces. I'll also do some other touch up on the red patch you see on the side of the superstructure - that is putty from yet another attempt to smooth out the side of the fwd superstructure.

Today at my local hobby shop (LHS), I bought some "Blacken-it", which is a mild acid that will turn my brass chains black. This will allow me to mount the anchor chains, which I need to do before putting the railings on.

Getting close to being done!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 02:51 PM UTC
Keep going, Martin!
Deadline is almost here, mate, looking good!
~Gunny
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2006 - 09:01 AM UTC
Well, she's done. Of course, after I took the pictures and uploaded them into the gallery, I noticed a few spots I had to touch up. The ships boats were not on her when I took the picture, they were laying off to the side drying - but they'll go on her tonight.

Now...onto the Dreadnought!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 01:29 AM UTC
wow !!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP