_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Leyte Gulf Campaign Giveaway
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 12:23 AM UTC
Hey guys.

We just finished up two awesome campaigns and a third is in progress right now. The kickoff of the Leyte Gulf Campaign is 3 months ways. For those younger (age wise) shipmates and those who are new or returning to the hobby and don't have the resources or stockpile some of us more seasoned crew members do, I have a little surprise.

I will be coming into ownership a Tamiya 1/350 Yamato that was donated to this campaign for some lucky person to build as their entry. Ole' Gator is even going to throw in some PE Japanese railings with it.

To get this very nice kit and PE, all you have to do is correctly answer a trivia question concerning the naval battles of Leyte Gulf.
Now remember, this is for:
the younger modelers (by age - I got all you beat because my wife says I act just like our two year old)
and those who are new or returning to the hobby.

The question will be posted Tuesday, July 4, Independence Day (Insurrection Day to our friends across the pond :-) )

The prize will be awarded to the first correct answer given by a:
1. young modeler or;
2. one who is new or returning to the hobby.

Later...."Gator"
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 12:35 AM UTC
and a mighty fine kit it is. I did this one several years ago and to be quite honest if I could get my nephew to do it, I would get him to participate in the contest and campaign. But alas, he is not into it. One year I gave him my built 350 scaleTirpitz with full PE and a candy bar. He didn't even notice the ship but attacked the bar with gusto and and great appreciation, he was 12. I am quite sure when they moved to Memphis this summer, the ship ended up in the trash.

Hey Kenny, if no one bites, I'll take the kit, I'ld like to try my hand at modifying it into a backdate of a 1942 version where it had 4 of the triple 6 inch gun turrets
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 04:09 AM UTC
Hey Steve, I'd love to help you mate. But, the donator said that it needs to go to a Leyte Gulf entry, If no one does bite, I will open it up to all salty dogs.

Gotta go.....question, question. What will be my question? :-)

Kenny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 12:50 AM UTC
Hey guys.

Are there any younger modelers or new fellows out there interested in the 1/350th IJN Yamato kit for the Leyte Gulf Campaign? If you're a little intemidated by the trivia question, I assure you that it will be something that is found by surfing the net. As far as not being able to finish the kit, remember that this campaign is a year long.

So, if you are one of our younger builders, sign up for the camapign and then shoot me a pm. I'll give anyone interested til Friday to sign up and contact me.

For the rest of the salty dawgs, stay tuned in to this thread. If I don't get any or enough responses from our younger or newer guys, then I'll make an announcement Friday evening and and open it up to everyone. The question will be posted Saturday.

that's all for now...Kenny
 _GOTOTOP