_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Destroyers
This forum covers all types of destroyers from all eras.
1/350 Yukikaze Has Docked
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Model Shipwrights: 476 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 07:05 AM UTC
Today I received my Hasegawa Yukikaze.

Anyone else have it?
Tomfan
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Model Shipwrights: 103 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 02:01 PM UTC
I did, I think it was in monday
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 12:06 AM UTC
I am dying to see pictures and hear you guys' opinions about this kit. Hasegawa is a new player in the 350 scale field and i hope they develop an interest. I know they did a bunch of nice 700 scale stuff, and I'm hoping they may upgrade a few of those like the Kirishima and the Ise half and half to 350 scale
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 11:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am dying to see pictures and hear you guys' opinions about this kit.

Hi Steve,

Give me a minute (or several).

Fred
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 02:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Today I received my Hasegawa Yukikaze.

Anyone else have it?

Ahoy, Fred!
Hmmm, we could sure use a full build review of this kit, mate! (hint-hint!) ....How about it!?
~Gunny
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 08:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmmm, we could sure use a full build review of this kit, mate! (hint-hint!) ....How about it!?
~Gunny

Hi Gunny,

Hmmm...from the crow's nest I see...something...on...the horizon...indistinct, but gaining clarity

Just this morning I sent in a series of in-box sprue photos, some of which I will reshoot as they are lame. A minimum of text concerning the description, and I intend to supply more ASAP.

Stand by! FRed
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hi All,

I have sent in my in-box review. Hopefully it will be posted soon.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 04:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi All,

I have sent in my in-box review. Hopefully it will be posted soon.

Fantastic news, Fred!
I'm really looking forward to seeing it, mate.
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 10:51 PM UTC
That makes two of us. It will look great next to my 1/350 Kidd and Aulick (which are still drydock).
Tomfan
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 03:27 PM UTC
Have started building my first ship....
Now, when Tomcat is beeing retired, it is time to find something new to model, besides Tomcats... :-) :-)
What would be the closest macth in FS colour range, for Yukikaze Destroyer, any hints....
Wish me god luck with my first ship...
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 05:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have started building my first ship....
Now, when Tomcat is beeing retired, it is time to find something new to model, besides Tomcats... :-) :-)
What would be the closest macth in FS colour range, for Yukikaze Destroyer, any hints....
Wish me god luck with my first ship...

Ahoy, Tomaz!

First ship kit, eh matie? Let me be the first to warn you, they can be VERY addicting! I got bit by the bug over 30 years ago, mate, and I still get the same amount of excitement from each new kit subject!
I'm sorry that I cant narrow down your FS color match, mate, did you try Urban Fredrickssons website? There's a ton and a half of helpful info there...here's a link if you're not savvy to his site:
Color
I know that there is a chart on site with FS numbers, color chips, and cross reference suggestions.
You may also want to give Fred Rick Boucher (JPTRR) a pm and see if he can give ya a little insight...he just did a review of Hasegawa's Yukikaze. Either way, good luck in your search, and your build, keep us posted of your progress, and don't forget to ask questions!
Keep Modeling!
~Gunny
Tomfan
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 01:01 AM UTC
Hull is finished, joint is sanded, aft section, where rudder has its position needs some filling, but not to much, asembled comand tower, guns, and torpedo tubes, and chemnes, during this week i hope i will finished rescue boats...
As far as painting gose, i have been comapreing colours, and perhaps revell 378 is quite close match for grey.. but still the equivalent for red one is missing.. but when i get to it, i will solve that problem...

but that ship is SMALL , I need a bigger ship.. Musashi/Yamato maybe :-) :-) :-)

totaly of topic, in one issiue of fine scale modeler, was a topic, about scrach build Baltimore cruiser and if i remeber corectly also a Quincey cruiser scale i think it was 1/192 BIG ship... and im wandering where to buy technical drawings with all dimensions ( hull, superstructure, some sort of bule prints ), perheps, i will also start building big scrach build ships...
Im looking for, quite some time prints for old royal navy of Yugoslavia, ( pre WWII ) destroyer Zagreb, ( zagreb was blown up in april 41, not to be captured by Italian Army ) but Beograd and Ljubljana where captured and put into service with Italian Navy , Beograd was renamed Sebenico, adn Ljubljana was renamed the italian way Lubiana.. ( destroyer class was renamed Sebenico ) If i by some chance get to those prints, i will build Lubiana in 1/96 scale ( around 1 m long ship )
Tomfan
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 12:39 AM UTC
I will post my question regarding colours, here, ( will not open new topic on this one!
A these paint charts corect????
http://www.shipcamouflage.com/images/Ijn2_sheet.jpg
Im a little suspicius. I mix my version of Sasebo Naval [auto-censored]nal colour grey in 5 minutes from revell 57 ( 60 % ) , 77 ( 35 ) and 52 ( 5 % ), althou my version is more lighter shade ( scale efect ).
I mixt cocoa brown from revell 37 and 81 ( red brown )
If i make big mistake in mixing apropriate colour it would be very bad for my moral!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 02:07 AM UTC
Hi Tomaz...

Accept this as an Advice from someone who used to mix it's own colours:
If you can (of course) and since you use enamels, buy the apropriate colours at www.whiteensignmodels.com
You will keep a good amount of Sasebo Gray and Hull Red - enough for more future projects

And you say that ship is smal???? You should try a 1/700 one (as a challenge)

Skipper
Tomfan
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 02:43 PM UTC
THX on advice about using WEM and their range of colours...

When i mix my own colours I always make colour chart of individual colour tha i mixed, on one side of paper i spay colour shade, on the back side of it i wrote down what colours have been used in mixture ( in % ) for future projects...

I like to have my models in one scale, airplanes prefer 1/48, sometimes 1/32 ( Tomcats, Su-27, F-5 Tigers II ... Thud )
and becouse most of the ships is in 1/350 scale... it will be most 1/350.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 02:37 AM UTC
Actually there are at least 8x more ships in 700 scale than in 350. The 350 are just much more detailed and are magnificent looking when you get a PE set to go with them In your area of the world, you are much better off buying White ensign paints. Here in the states, I use model masters and while they don't set up for ships, using paint chips, you can get a real close match on most colors. Sometimes though I have to go find the WEM which is difficult because they are not stocked at LHS and before I buy, I want to see a visual of the color
Tomfan
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 11:16 PM UTC
What can i say... Size matters...
I have just finished revell B-1B lancer 1/48... well tha is a beast...
have to make new displaj case for it... :-) ... It will also acomodate ( sometimes in the furure ) Jamato//Musashi 1/350, Iowa, Akagi/Kagi... Enterprise....
 _GOTOTOP