_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Looking for Jeff Herne (aka Angry Ensign)
Removed by original poster on 07/23/06 - 07:59:47 (GMT).
This post was removed.
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 06:00 AM UTC
Earlier this week, I put a post in this and other forums, calling out fellow modeler Jeff Herne for not getting back to me, and for not fulfilling his end of a trade we made some time ago. Since that post, Jeff has sent me the items he promised. They arrived today (7/22), in good condition.

Being that I had posted negative feedback about him, I thought it was only fair that I posted that he came through and sent me the items I was promised.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 04:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Earlier this week, I put a post in this and other forums, calling out fellow modeler Jeff Herne for not getting back to me, and for not fulfilling his end of a trade we made some time ago. Since that post, Jeff has sent me the items he promised. They arrived today (7/22), in good condition.

Being that I had posted negative feedback about him, I thought it was only fair that I posted that he came through and sent me the items I was promised.

Hi Martin!

I am so very pleased that you guys have this situation worked out. When I first saw this post last week, mate, I was shocked. But there are two sides to each and every story, and real life tends to get in the way sometimes, know what I mean?
Glad to hear that all is worked out with a minimum of hassle, my friend, now, back to the workbench! That Amagi is calling you!!!
~Gunny

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 01:33 AM UTC
I too am quite pleased that this matter is resolved to mutual satisfaction and the inital post has been removed. I do want to express my great concern to Jeff. I have always loved ALL of your articles in Fine scale Modeler. Even an old hand like me learned from everything you did....and you made it all very simple. Here's hoping to see you posting those great articles here if not in some magazine.

Steve Joyce
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 01:47 AM UTC
Good for you Martin. 2 years ago after 4 months of waiting for an envelope of decals after being "outed" on the boards Jeff finally had the time to put an envelope in the mail. Of course the decals were in less than perfect shape but I too told everyone that I'd finally been sent the goods.

Mike T
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hopefully Jeff will have a new job, and let us know.
Having known Jeff for many years, and you also Martin, I certainly hope we can all get together some time in the future (hopefully before I die, and I promise not to say "when I was president!!!", I'll leave that for Bill Bill... :-) :-) and we can all sit around laughing about the good old days.

As always give my best regards to the "Garwood Boys"....
 _GOTOTOP