_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
New Braille Scale Vendor for MSW!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 08:43 PM UTC
Ahoy Mates!
Get yer magnifiers out, and take a look at this new vendor and their fantastic 1/1250 and 1/1200 scale models, photoetch, and decals! Introducing, Morning Sunshine Models!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Model Shipwrights: 446 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 09:07 PM UTC
I love the look of that carrier, but I'm afraid that scale would be beyond me... Those parts would just be way too small!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I love the look of that carrier, but I'm afraid that scale would be beyond me... Those parts would just be way too small!

Hi Graham!
I agree, mate!
Alot of what this vendor has to offer is pre-built, but if you look around the site, there are A/M kits and other like kits available!
~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 - 01:13 AM UTC
Another good place to hunt for these goodies is ALNAVCO. Years ago I bought some kits of WW 1 warships. Kit comes in a rough metal form. A little scapping and polishing. about a dozen or so pieces. Not super detailed and definitely a lot easier than doing pe rails in 350 scale. The prebuilt painted stuff will run you in excess of $50 depending on what you want. I think I found a dealer of the plastic 1200 scale Miikits. I just won a package deal on ebay for 3 of them. Total with shipping was $10. He says he has more. If you want to try your hand at some of these and invest just some pennies for your efforts, let me know
 _GOTOTOP