_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Well, I got told !!!!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 02:10 AM UTC
As ya'll know, I've developed an interest i the 1:1200 scale stuff. Yesterday I had about 4 or 5 ships I was interested in. Now being an astute cookie, I looked up to see what they would cost at ALNAVCO to make sure I would get a bargain. So final bidding time was about 20 minutes away and I logged in to check status. Every one of the ones I was interested in had already far exceeded the prices at ALNAVCO. Later on I looked and saw one bidder had won all of the stuff. I did a quick calculation and saw he had exceeded the retail price by $25. Thinking I was being a wise rear end, I sent him an email to that effect. His reply was that "you had to build the ones at Alavco". Also that one of them was a Comet as opposed to a Superior (brand). The bottom line. I forgot that there are some guys out there that collect these things and me, I'm generally a builder. I would rather purchase the plastic Revell kit for $2 than spend $35 for the metal prepainted and assembled one from one of the manufacturers.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Model Shipwrights: 476 posts
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 04:54 AM UTC
Hi Steve,

I'd say we've almost all been there, done that. :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP