_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
the good stuff
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 12:57 PM UTC
Some train dealer got a large collection of the Alnavco Superior ships still in kit form. He was dumping them at really cheap prices Heavy cruisers for buy it now at $5. He just started dumping the BB's but moved the buy it now price up to $10. Problem is I was just a hair to late on the frst batch and another bidder got first bids in, I tried not to rebid him the best I could and only put a second bid in on 2. I got real lucky later on as the guy started posting when I was looking. He put up the Yamato and I went for the the buy it now price. He took notice, all of a sudden the buy it price on his further postings jumped up to $20. Well, the Yamato was #1 on my want list and $10 for a $32 model is worth it.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 01:09 AM UTC
Well euphoria is only for a short time. Some guy came rampaging through and outbid ererybody for everything. Probably a dealer that has $500+ to spend on the stuff. Sure glad I took that Yamato straight out. I was bidding mainly on old US BB's and the Japnese BB's and AC's, so I don't feel much pain
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
Take care in EvilBay Steve - things get the tendence to get out of control
Take your time and what you want will show, sooner or later there, or at some model expo with trading areas

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 02:29 AM UTC
You are so right Rui. Patience is the key. You will pay through the nose if you really want something desperately. The day after you buy it, someone will list it at half the price. The Yamato was just a super deal. I wish I had picked up a couple of the others at the buy it now price, as I will probably have to go 4 or 5 above what that was to get the 1 or 2 I really want. The guy is still posting stuff, only now he doesn't have a buy it now price and instead of initial bid at $1 he starts out at $10. Of course he is now selling the super duper Narvis stuff. My only complaint is, I can't get him to send me an invoice for what I bought. Thank god ebay consolidated everything, but there is no shpping section. I've sent the guy a couple emails. I'll try again tomorrow, if no answer I'll send him a fair shipping price with the cost of my bids.
 _GOTOTOP