_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Question about posting reference photos
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Model Shipwrights: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2006 - 04:43 AM UTC
Hi guys,
I'm relatively new here. I took like 250 reference photos of the North Carolina when I was there a while ago, and would like to upload them to the reference photo section, but the kitmaker.net interface doesn't give me an option other than posting where I would normally put pics of my own models (not the real thing). Can anyone offer any suggestions?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2006 - 06:08 AM UTC
Sounds like a wonderful resource. Sorry that I don't have any idea. I know i would love to see and copy some of them I am sure as I have a 350 scale of the kit I will build someday. 250 pix would tie up way more memory than I would want to use, and I am sure a lot of the PIX would not be of use to me.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2006 - 03:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys,
I'm relatively new here. I took like 250 reference photos of the North Carolina when I was there a while ago, and would like to upload them to the reference photo section, but the kitmaker.net interface doesn't give me an option other than posting where I would normally put pics of my own models (not the real thing). Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Ahoy, Clark!
What you need to do mate is to get ahold of Rui Matos (Skipper), either by PM or e-mail, mate...he'll take it from there!
~Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2006 - 04:37 PM UTC
Hi Clark

Reference Photos upload is only allowed to staff members so that some order can be maintained in the area...
If you have them resized to 850x600 or 600x850, I can upload them and make a Walkaround on the North Carolina... this way you will not loose your upload space, too.

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 01:23 AM UTC
Super-duper Rui !!!!! What a wonderful asset that would be for us.
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 11:04 PM UTC
I can resize them, but with that many, it'll take time. Give me a week or two (I am in med school, so time is a factor), and I'll email you (Rui) for directions on where/how to send them to you. Maybe I can send them in bundles of less than the whole 250 at once I definately understand about controlling uploads to keep out spammers.

Have a good one,

Clark
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 02:01 AM UTC
Hi Clark,

Check you PM's please
Thanks

Skipper
4thLAV_Bn
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 05:17 AM UTC
Hey guys,
The first batch of 10 or so is on the way to Skipper's Inbox. It consists of the pics I got of the single 20mm AA guns (specifically the Port Aft battery, but the guns are the same single 20mm guns all over the place).

_GOTOTOP