_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Attention Leyte Gulf Campaign Wannabe's!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 03:20 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!
Just caught wind of this offer from our mate Mike Durr (Blade48mrd) and had to give it it's own thread. . .Mike so graciously did the same thing on our Dreadnoughts! Campaign, and with this gracious offer, introduced many new modelers to the salty side of our hobby, and donated many kits, postage, and time of his own for the cause. (This is for you, Mr. Durr! )
Once again, Mike has made the offer to anyone who would like to participate in this campaign, but either can't find or afford a kit for the build. . .emphasis on(but not limited to!) the younger shipwrights out there, this is an excellent opportunity to try your hand at a ship model, and join in with a great campaign!

Here's Mikes recent post, and offering ;

"With Baseball season over, I've finally gotten myself some time to do modeling again. The "Leyte Gulf" Campaign is running long enough so maybe I can actually get one of the "Dreadnaughts Campaign" Battleships done that I have left over from the 'donations stash' finished this time. I'm hoping to do the IJN Nagato. If anyone is interested, I still have a couple 1/700th 'Waterline' Battleship kits that I'm willing to donate that IIRC will fit in the "Leyte Gulf" Campaign. I have the following;
Aoshima Yamashiro
Aoshima Fuso
Fujimi Haruna
Fujimi Kongo
Fujimi Musashi
Just let me know in a PM, it will help me trim my 'stash'.

Blade48mrd "

Quite an offer, if you ask me!. . .all you have to do is shoot him a pm, tell him what ship you would like to build, enlist in the campaign, and have a whole lot of fun with the rest of us salts! Watcha' waitin' for!!??!!

Semper Fi, Carry on
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 07:53 PM UTC
Thanks for the post Gunny. come on guys. This is a great offer so don't pass it up. Only nine days til launch!

Gator
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 08:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

With Baseball season over, I've finally gotten myself some time to do modeling again.

Baseball season over? I'm not sure where Mike lives, but here in the New York Metropolitan area, baseball season is just heating up! Let's go Mets! Sorry...couldn't resist! :-)

To keep it 'on message', that is a very cool thing for Mike to do. I hope some folks take advantage of his generous offer!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 08:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the post Gunny. come on guys. This is a great offer so don't pass it up. Only nine days til launch!

Gator

OMG!!!
Nine Days!!
I had better get on the ball!
Jeez, I just started on DDD2 a couple weeks ago. . .gonna have to start late night modeling again!
~Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2006 - 12:28 AM UTC
I got that BR 52 steam loco in yesterday and am having great difficulty putting that aside. I've got no projects going and with 9 days left till I can start on my big ships, it's going to be tough to keep hands off. Luckily I was able to get a nice PE set for it on order, so that will help me keep hands off until that comes in. Right now I'm looking at a railcar or 2 to go with it. If I can get one of those in, I can tinker with that until "cutting -day" on the Yamato
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Model Shipwrights: 35 posts
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
Leyte Gulfers -

Thanks Gunny, but most of the credit for popularity, enjoyment , and succes of these terrific 'Campaigns' goes to the guys like you "Gunny', 'Blaster76', 'Skipper', 'Gator', 'Thathaway3' that keeps us interested and informed. So a big thanks back.
In my rearranging of my 'stash' and new hobby room, I've come across a few 1/700th 'Waterline' IJN Heavy Cruisers also to add to the list;
Aoshima Atago
Aoshima Maya
Aoshima Takao
Fujimi Chikuma
Fujimi Tone
Everything I still have is IJN (sorry),but these participated in Leyte Campaign and are yours for the asking. So just PM me amd join the fun!

Martin
Baseball season done for the Mariners here in Seattle, but I was really referring to my Babe Ruth League (13-18 Age group) that I run and coach in. Time for modeling and GO Seahawks!

Blade48mrd
 _GOTOTOP