_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
+/-200pic(recent)BB55NorthCarolina-Interest?
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 10:12 AM UTC
Hey all you Swabbies! Just got back from a fun trip to the 'Showboat' (BB55 Uss North Carolina) & was curious if anyone was interested in about 200 Distance/detail shots of the old grey Lady. (Or the "Old measure 32 Lady", as thatbis the color scheme she currently wears...)
Keeping in mind that she was only 1 of 2 built to this spec. (The other being USS Wahington,q.v. Batchelor,J.,Sea Power [et al.] p.1979, pp. 89-91.) she may be difficult to find a starting kit. Unless/ of course, there's a BB55 out there that I don't know about, being mostly an armor dude meself. At any rate, I tried to stick with overall outline shots (very difficult, seeing as how she's been 'moored', with attention to Main/secondary/AA armament, placement, Superstructure details, Torpedo belt, Seaplane arrangement & crane/offload controls, etc.,etc...
Also, as I happened to have my 2 yr old Ryan with me, you may be treated to some of the "cutest-damn-scale-figure-posing (36"or 91.5cm) in some of the shots.
So, If I can getv off my butt I may have this loaded to my Photos in a few days(provided there's enough interest...) OR- since my 'puter decided to 'turn turtle' just as JIM (ALL HAIL STARKWEATHER!!!!!) creaqted all these nifty sub-genres of the site, it may behoove all of you (& me) if I simply zip all of these to Rui or Jeff so that they can post them quickly.
Your choice.
So-what say you? Lots of pics of the Nawth Kahlina as she 'sets' today?
I eagerly await your judgement...
Pax,
LD

(Oh, and for those who aren't familiar with the history of these sites, these photos are 100% FREE!!!) I had fun takin' 'em, you should be allowed to enjoy usin' 'em...)
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 02:43 PM UTC
Ahoy Robert!
Yes-sir, we're always interested in more reference and walkarounds here, mate! You may want to hang on to them for a short while though, as Rui (aka Skipper) has stepped down as our Managing Editor and we are in the midst of a staff changeover. Thanks!
~Mark
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
I've got a 350 scale NC, but I also have that Lionroar PE set to go with it. I know I'ld certainly like to see pictures and maybe gator can get some ideas on how to make a mask set for it.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 05:55 PM UTC
Read you PM Robert.... :-) :-)
ws48
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 01:59 AM UTC
I am currently building the North Carolina in 350th with the Lionroar PE set. Any details pics would be a great help.

Thanks,
Don
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 04:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've got a 350 scale NC, but I also have that Lionroar PE set to go with it. I know I'ld certainly like to see pictures and maybe gator can get some ideas on how to make a mask set for it.

POOF Just like a genie in a bottle (or a bad penny), same my name and I turn up. :-) :-)

What prey tell would you like a mask for dear Steve (I refuse to call you "Master", Renee has already reserved that)? I do have a N.C. camo mask available at my website - Battleship Masks (shameless plug). Is there another camouflage measure mask you wish?

later...Gator
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 01:12 AM UTC
Looked at what you had Kenny and it was absolutly perfect. You'll be hearing from me on it in a while.
 _GOTOTOP