_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Weekend OpPlan
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 07:40 PM UTC
Ahoy mates! SmileyCentral.com

So, what are you hoping to get accomplished at the workbench this weekend? I know Gunny has some rope fenders to make , but what about the rest of you guys?

Sound off or have a shot put across you bow!
SmileyCentral.com
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 08:14 PM UTC
Hopefully I’ll get that dang tractor in the garage.....

As far as modeling most of the time will be spent working on finishing my M3 Lee and starting the OIF dio.

Who knows you may even here something about my Zuikaku for the Leyte Gulf Campaign. (No I won’t be starting on it.)
Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know Gunny has some rope fenders to make , but what about the rest of you guys?

You got that right, Gator!
Come hell-er-high water they WILL be done, mate! (I hope! )
I've got to head to the local Walmart early Saturday evening and wait in line (first come first serve, on sale at 12:01 A.M. Sunday Morning! Jeez!!!) for my son's 14th birthday present, the new Nintendo Game system (Call of Duty 3, YES!), so between the two, doubtful if I'll get anything else done!!
~Gunny
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
Model Shipwrights: 32 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 08:52 PM UTC
Dang! Can't ignore you now, gator :-)

Will be trying to build a bunch of L'Arsenal 40mm and 20mm AA guns at least. And then will get onto the Mk 51 Gun directors. Still trying to scrounge up some cash to buy some gun tubs and stuff, will wait till later to work on the deck and hull of USS Cony/Claxton.
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 09:25 PM UTC
Hi Kenny

Big modelling weekend planned.

Its the IPMS NZ National Show on here in Auckland I will be attending that on Sunday afternoon. Supposed I really should have entered as prompted/suggested by others but lacking real confidence and plus something (in my opinion) worthy to enter.

As a result of attending I am aiming/expecting to be big time inspired and to be getting started on my projects for the Leyte Campaign. Plus finish of a few of my unfinished projects etc.

Regards

Sean
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC
THE IRON BOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you are asking about modeling. Well I'm working on one of those 251 halftracks. probably finish that up. Got notification from Roll that they are finally shipping my order...part of that has a pack of Vindicators and Buffaloes, so as soon as those get in it's itty bitty plane time. Got our monthly club meetingnext weekend (along with Keiths tiatanic sale--33% off everything for us), so I should be getting the rest of the parts I need to complete my Yamato conversion. So with all that going on it should keep me busy until Christmas when I must cross the Mississippi into Memphis for the annual family argu-thon
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 06:54 AM UTC
SmileyCentral.com

Roll Tide! Auburn needs another loss.

Geaux Tigers
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 02:36 PM UTC
Hi mates,
i am into ice..

for the moment i just want to put my ice in a glass, it is no good for my diorama, but after a few improvements it should be okay..
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 12:09 PM UTC
Greetings all,

Working on a couple of trucks for Pier 51 at the moment, and one or two figures.

No boats at present, but I have been tempted by the Tamiya US Patrol Boat. :-) :-) , Oh and a 'Bell Helicopter' LOL, LOL.

Cheers

Al
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
Model Shipwrights: 32 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 05:31 PM UTC
hi Guys,
the weekend is almost over for me here on the eastern side of the earth.
Lost a cricket match today, got bowled for a duck by a leggie turning it like Warnie
(No kidding. Pitched 6 inches outside my off stump, turned square and hit leg. I bat left handed)

On the subject of modelling, I managed to do what I set out to do for my plane, but on the shipfront, I fell way short. I had no idea it took so long for me just to assemble a single PE 20mm gun! That took half my morning. Here are the pics:

Just 6 more of the same to go...
Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 06:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

On the subject of modelling, I managed to do what I set out to do for my plane, but on the shipfront, I fell way short. I had no idea it took so long for me just to assemble a single PE 20mm gun! That took half my morning.
Just 6 more of the same to go...

Ahoy Lim Tee!

It's very surprising how something SO small can be SO time consuming, I will agree!
At least you only have six more to go!
Thanks for the update, mate, and keep modeling!
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hey guy. the first one always goes slow. By the time you hit #6, you'll be cranking them out.

Gator
 _GOTOTOP