_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Lookalike
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 08:42 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

Its the last day of the working week for me.

So here is some light hearted or is that light headed attempt at end of the week frivolity and humour.

I am busy doing some research for my series of articles on The Great White Fleet and I am previewing some pictures of the crew of the German cruiser SMS Bremen which was situated in Rio de Janeiro on 13 January 1908.

I say to myself man this guy looks familiar.

Now tongue firmly in cheek and no offence is meant or intended whatsoever to anyone especially the person I think it looks like but this fine German sailor does in my opinion remind me of someone who we hold dear and true and who frequents this forum.

Does he look familiar to you?

I will give you a hint of who I think he is and is a test of your recall of the Campaign forums. I am told the member is a mean, lean, fighting machine at "6'2, 250 lb".

Who can it be?

Could this indeed be a distant relative?

Regards

Sean
Removed by original poster on 01/11/07 - 22:45:35 (GMT).
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:24 PM UTC
OMG. . . :-)
Mean at times, yes, but LEAN? :-) :-) :-)

20 or so years ago, mate!!!
But yes, the resemblance IS a bit unnerving (especially considering my German heritage!). . .thanks for the laugh, Sean, and really, who knows??? Could be ol' great great great Grandpa Smythe!

Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:17 PM UTC
Ahoy Mark

LOL

I am really glad you enjoyed it it is so appropriate as its naval focussed as well.

Here is proof I can laugh at myself too. Always most important I always say if you are going to give it you got to take it as well.

My little boys call me "Homer" as they are huge Simpsons fans cause I am a smooth top (shaved head) and have an ever growing girth and plus a huge love of donuts.

Here is what one of my employees did in Paint as a result.

I can say the result is an exact copy of my appearance.

LOL

Got to keep laughing and oh modelling.

Regards

Sean
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2007 - 02:26 AM UTC
Ahhh hell !!! I guess I just watch too much TV. I thought the guy looked like Carlos from "Desperate Housewives"
 _GOTOTOP