_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Guys I need your help
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 09:53 AM UTC
am lately surching for information about pieces of the American history.
I am gathering different kind of information about the raid of Pearl Harbor make it more understandable for childrens they might just know the date but not every one and that is it.
Those information will be use to make a book which everyone should understand with clear and '' thrilling '' details about that day.
What I am actualy looking for, are drauwing ( oftewell Blue Print ) about the ships present during the Pearl Harbor raid.
I know you might think buy them, true but will be excessive expecieve I just need them for the end draw of the assembly instructions.My intention are to use the draw to details the impacts of the bombs and the torpedo's. Picture seams not enough interesting for the children, a drauw of the ship does miracle because they see where it really happend.
I have been surching for those draw a long time but everyone want to make money out NICE FOR THE SURVIVORS buy the way,how to try make the jough understand the scale of these horrible day, that was themorale part of it .
What I need for the one who does not know the names of the boat FOR THE AMERICAN SORRY but it seams a lot of people have no clue
USS Pennsylvania BB 38
USS Oklahoma BB 37
USS West Virginia BB 48
USS California BB 44
USS Maryland BB 46
USS Tennessee BB 43
USS Nevada BB 36
USS Arizona BB 39
USS Helena CL 50
USS Cassin DD 372
USS Downes DD 375
USS Shaw DD 373
USS Oglala Minelayer 4
USS Argonne Flagship 31
USS Vestal Repair Ship 4
hope you can help me I thank you for your time,
I WANT TO BE CLEAR IT IS NOT FOR COMMERCIAL MEANNING
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 11:02 PM UTC
I may hven't been clear with what i ask.
Anyone who built a model must follow a instruction of assembly.
Then you have a draw of the ship when ready. This is what i need.
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 11:17 PM UTC
This is what I mean

This is a piece of General drawing ref 1/58 from Constructo Prince de Neufchatel in a way this is what imean by draw
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 11:20 PM UTC
Or this one

Anyone who can help me please
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2003 - 04:58 PM UTC
I think what you are asking for is line drawings of the ships and a view of Pearl Harbor and the location of the ships at the time of the attack. Unfortuneatly anything like that is in book form and is copyrighted so I don't think I could send it to you. You can get pictures of the ships from the web site www.navsource.org/index.html. You cn look up all the significant ships and get some sideview pictures you can copy and print.Hope this is of some help.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 12:44 PM UTC
I think you were wanting line drawings of the ships you mentioned?
You said that a picture (line drawing) from the instruction sheet for some of these models would work too?

The only kit I have is the USS Arizona...
I know there's an arial view of the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, I saw it just the other day. I also know there's line drawings of the ships somewhere on the internet! Give me a little time and I'll see what I can come up with.

YodaMan
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 08:46 PM UTC
I just posted a request for a line drawingsite, please let me know what it is when you find it. I've got a great reference book on battleships, but would love to get one on carriers. The greatest book I've ever seen for this is the one on the Imperial Japanes Navy by those two German guys. But that was 20 years ago. I xeroxed tons of stuff out of there. I have a couple of the Conways All the worlds ships that has some stuff in it
 _GOTOTOP