_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Anyone know the quality of this model?
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 02:01 PM UTC
I have decided its time to buy the ship of my call sign the Littorio the only game in town is the resin kit from Regia Marina (as far as I know), now this is an expensive item so I'am looking for comments on how good this is. http://xoomer.alice.it/regiamarinam/id86.htm

Ciao
Luciano

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 03:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have decided its time to buy the ship of my call sign the Littorio the only game in town is the resin kit from Regia Marina (as far as I know), now this is an expensive item so I'am looking for comments on how good this is. http://xoomer.alice.it/regiamarinam/id86.htm

Ciao
Luciano

Mmm-Hmm. that sure is a beautiful looking ship now, isn't it?
Luciano, my friend, I personally have not built this kit from RG, but I have done a few other RG kits, and the quality is very good, mate.

I thought that I had seen some other available kits of this subject in my travels, though...gimme a chance to search the cobwebs of my mind to see if I can remember where!
Cheers,
~Gunny
Littorio
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 07:19 PM UTC
Thanks Gunny,

Theres no rush as I still have plenty in the stash to get on with

Ciao
Luciano
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 10:31 PM UTC
Here's the review from Steel Navy -

Quoted Text

Verdict
The Regia Marina model of the Vittorio Veneto is a large striking model of a very handsome warship. Like the Italian Ferrari automobile, the Vittorio Veneto is a sleek, beautiful and powerful design. The negatives on this kit are very minor, including clean up of the bottom of the hull, removal of flash from smaller parts and complicated instructions. Everything else is very positive. Regia Marina is by far the most ambitious resin producer for providing every reasonable option for ship and year of fit. Like the original, the Regia Marina Vittorio Veneto makes a bold statement. It should occupy a mandatory position in any 1:700 collection of the Italian navy or World War Two battleships.

Looks like a great kit to me.

Later...Gator
Littorio
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC
Thanks Kenny,

Its now on the list for when I do my next on-line order as LHS don't stock any resin kits at all and very few ships.

Ciao and thanks for looking for me.
Luciano
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 04:59 AM UTC
There is a 1/1200 scale plastic version of the kit made by Revell. It shows up on ebay all the time. I have one and for a tiny version, it shows her off fairly well. This is one I would adore to see come out in 350 scale kit form. after the BAMA it would be the number one kit I would certainly wish for....even above a cage mast BB
 _GOTOTOP