_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Surcouf re-release?
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Model Shipwrights: 167 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 04:18 AM UTC
I noticed that Hobby Link Japan has listed the Heller 1/400 Surcouf for release in July. It's a pretty old kit but it's the only kit around.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 10:09 AM UTC
Not a bad kit at all of a very unusual ship. The one I got was probably 20 years old. It's kind of nice to see the old girl again for those who want her.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 02:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I noticed that Hobby Link Japan has listed the Heller 1/400 Surcouf for release in July. It's a pretty old kit but it's the only kit around.

Ahoy, Gary. . .
You're going to see a rash of re-releases this spring, mate. . .Aoshima, Heller, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Nichimo, Tamiya. . .the list of re-issues is HUGE, some re-tooled, some just re-runs.

Interestingly, Aoshima is re-issuing many of their past kits with added upgrades, such as PE, windows, etc., much like DML's "Premium Edition" kits. . .
~Gunny
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Model Shipwrights: 94 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 05:50 PM UTC
The re-release (together with Dunkerque and Strasbourg) was announced at the beginning of the year, before Heller changed hands and things went quiet. Hope the re-releases do appear as there are some military figures that I'd like to get too.

David
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 09:54 PM UTC
I heard that recently the Surcou had been selling on Ebay for OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money. Some folks are going to be pretty unhappy about this

No, I am not one of them, I'm not a sub type of guy nor do I do really like Heller kits
 _GOTOTOP