_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
New idea for Gator
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 02:36 AM UTC
Here is a thought. Make some stickers for soda and beer cans. Mst of us could take and stretch or get rod sprue to get a can. You could make little stickies to go around them. Red with a white stripe for coke. Something greenish to look like Sprite or something. Maybe try something to look like beer cans. If you don't put Coca Cola or a trade name on the sticker it should not involve any copyright infringements. I'll bet you could sell a ton of them. 35th scale of course. While I'm at it, would you set me up an invoice to pay via Paypal or credit card the 350 scale North Carolina mask set?
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 04:57 AM UTC
Hey Steve. Labels like this?

These are from a corporate logo cd that I bought when I had my sign shop. So I've got the copyrights taken care of.

As far as your masks, you can order it with PayPal through my website.
http://gatorsmask.com/bb.html
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 09:13 PM UTC
Well shoot kenny, The trick now is to shrink them down to 35th scale and scan them on some of that masking material. I know I would definitly buy a sheet and I probabably could show it to Keith Magee who has the Hobby shop and as much as he likes to diorama would probably get a few himself

I placed my order for the masks Thursday at noon paid via paypal. If there is anyway to gt them to at normal shipping costs by Saturday, I'll bring them to the club meeting to show them off just a thought in passing as it will be a few months before I'll get around to tacking the North Carolina
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well shoot kenny, The trick now is to shrink them down to 35th scale and scan them on some of that masking material. I know I would definitly buy a sheet and I probabably could show it to Keith Magee who has the Hobby shop and as much as he likes to diorama would probably get a few himself

I placed my order for the masks Thursday at noon paid via paypal. If there is anyway to gt them to at normal shipping costs by Saturday, I'll bring them to the club meeting to show them off just a thought in passing as it will be a few months before I'll get around to tacking the North Carolina

Saturday delivery isn't possible Steve. I can't cut it till I get home tonight and then it will go out priority mail tomorrow.

As far as the decals go, the artwork can be sized to any scale, even 1/350! It's just a matter of finding time to make these into can labels.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 03:46 AM UTC
That is just fine, I think I have some leftover from the work you did for me on the LEX and I know that Keith has a NC for sale, just thought I'ld show him some goodies and the quality of your work to get him to check out decals/stickers for soda-beer cans He likes to make and cast thngs and sells stuff like that in his shop. You oughta see some of the diorama /viginette bases he has painted and unpainted.
 _GOTOTOP