_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Squadron shop surprise
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 04:06 AM UTC
Went to the hobby show and puttered around a bit working at Keith's tables. They announced a shuttle leaving to go the Squadron shop....well heck not only will I get a free lunch, but a free ride to the shop . So of I go only planning to buy 2 bottles of paint. I check in get my sheet and such and walk out into the warehouse and look at the bargain table. Lo and behold there is the Italeri 35th scale LCM and no this can't be right for $24.99. Yup! well shiver me timbers, I snatched that puppy up so fast it would have givin a hummingbird whiplash. So much for only 2 bottles of paint. i did resist the 72nd scale Gato for $53.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 04:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Went to the hobby show and puttered around a bit working at Keith's tables. They announced a shuttle leaving to go the Squadron shop....well heck not only will I get a free lunch, but a free ride to the shop . So of I go only planning to buy 2 bottles of paint. I check in get my sheet and such and walk out into the warehouse and look at the bargain table. Lo and behold there is the Italeri 35th scale LCM and no this can't be right for $24.99. Yup! well shiver me timbers, I snatched that puppy up so fast it would have givin a hummingbird whiplash. So much for only 2 bottles of paint. i did resist the 72nd scale Gato for $53.

Can't bet that, Steve...
Nice kit, the Italeri LCM...builds up into a very convincing subject.
What are your plans for it?
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 04:42 AM UTC
Awesome Steve!
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 05:46 AM UTC
Steve,

You should have pick up the sub for me!!!! That was a good price.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 08:45 AM UTC
Isn't there a campaign or two I could enter this one into? Patrol boats, or Viet Nam or Landing craft? What are my options and how long would I have to complete the kit in all the different categories? Wasn't planning on jumping this one right away, just kind bought it becasue it was a good kit at a once in a lifetime price. It even included the 28th ID Dragon figures. I have been doing some research on finding some more figures to place in it. Kind of like to get aa dozen or so more ...maybe a whole INF platoon in there if I could.
 _GOTOTOP