_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Official "No Guns Allowed" Thread
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 02:03 PM UTC
Ok, as usual (late) here's my finished entry photos...

It's the Seals Models 1/700 Icebreaker Shirase, set in an appropriate environment.

Hope you guys like it - I DID!
It was the first of this type for me, and definitely not the last - I must agree that it makes quite a COLOUR BANG amongst the other 1/700 models

Cheers,
Rui
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 06:09 PM UTC
hello Rui,
great build,loved the dio.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, as usual (late) here's my finished entry photos...

It's the Seals Models 1/700 Icebreaker Shirase, set in an appropriate environment.....

....Hope you guys like it - I DID!
It was the first of this type for me, and definitely not the last - I must agree that it makes quite a COLOUR BANG amongst the other 1/700 models...

Bravo Zulu Mr. matos, you nailed this one (as usual ), mate!

Love the Shirase, Rui, and I hope to see an "On Display" at a later date (hint-hint )!

~Mark
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:31 PM UTC
Thanks guys!

Yes Mark, it will be released
I must wait for the end of the Campaign, though... don't you agree?

Common guys!! If I was able to finish this campaign so are you!!! Give that little effort to finish your project.

Cheers,
Rui

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes Mark, it will be released
I must wait for the end of the Campaign, though... don't you agree?

Most definitely, mate...I just couldn't wait to ask though, it's such a nice display!
Frigate
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 205 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 11:32 AM UTC
Skipper,
As usual,a very nice build, Congrats ! Its good to see we are managing to slide in under the time wire with a good cross section on models. Nice job, Skip.......Semper Fi, Bruce
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 11:37 AM UTC
Thanks Bruce!
But you should be proud of your Tarpon, too! It's a small gem!
Congrats to you too, on the model and for finishing in time
So... what's next???

Cheers,
Rui
Frigate
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 12:01 PM UTC
Skip,
Thanks for the kind words on the Tarpon. Unfortunately I'm not satisfied with the water. So I decided I need more work with rough water. Since I'm already signed up for the PT Build, it was time to get serious.

With at least a full Squadron of Elco boats in progress, I had to find something "Different". After rooting through the stash, I found the beautiful WEM 1/350th MTB 57. This is an early Vosper MTB. So we'll see if I can produce the channel on a rough night !

Another thing I'm really looking forward to is the release of the plastic "Full Body" Figures coming up, this could make this scale quite interesting.

I'll post a few pics in the next few days on the PT Group build. But more importantly, what's your next project ????? Take it easy............................Bruce
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 12:10 PM UTC
Ahh my new project is already old.
It's the IJN CVE Unyo

I think that the water looks good on the USCG Tarpon - could be the photo, but I liked it.

As for the MTB, check the SMW 2006 photo report... I think I shoot a trio of those WEM narrow seas fast attack boats (two MTB's and one Schnellboot), IIRC.

It will be interesting to see the evolution of your project, Bruce

Cheers,
Rui
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Model Shipwrights: 214 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 12:59 PM UTC
Gunny!!! Mate!!!!!

Can I have a couple of days mercy here please???

I forgot to post a finished pic before I took my North Sea Trawler to the Scots Nats show in Perth on Saturday and a couple of bits didn't survive the trip home. I'll post some completed pics tomorrow (May 1st).

I found the lights and antennae, I just have to find the rudder!
Frigate
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 01:48 PM UTC
Murdo,
I'm sure there won't be a problem, But hey Mate....nothing wrong with a little realistic "battle" damage. Remember....those North Sea Cod are mean buggers !!!!! enjoy, Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 09:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny!!! Mate!!!!!

Can I have a couple of days mercy here please???

I forgot to post a finished pic before I took my North Sea Trawler to the Scots Nats show in Perth on Saturday and a couple of bits didn't survive the trip home. I'll post some completed pics tomorrow (May 1st).

I found the lights and antennae, I just have to find the rudder!

Ooooouch.........

Murdo, my friend, do your best to get an image up by midnight Central Time (since that's where Harry Abbott, Campaign Leader, is home based) on May 1st....if you can't, please let me know!

~Gunny
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Model Shipwrights: 214 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 10:41 AM UTC
Three pics of finished Revell 1/142 North Sea Trawler posted in Campaign gallery April 30th, 22:30 GMT.

Gunny, thanks for the "mercy", thankfully I managed to repair the damage in time.

This has been a fun build of what is really a very, very basic kit. It is quite a nice wee kit though and leaves lots of room for loads of items to be added. Because I'm such a horribly slow builder it takes me forever to build anything.

I added scratchbuilt deck lights, mast lights, railings, antennas, trawl doors, anchor (the kit one was absolute rubbish) and added some styrene and brass rod wheels and thingies to the winch.

I enjoyed builing this boat and I'm really tempted to get another couple and scratch them as other types of ship.

Bruce... A North Sea Cod can be a horribly vindictive, mean bugger!!!

I enjoyed taking part in this campaign. I hope there's another "no Guns Allowed" one soon!
Frigate
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:50 AM UTC
Murdo,
Nice job on the Trawler. On this side ofthe "Pond" they've been showing 2 fishing series, 1 from the North Sea area, and 1 from the Bering Sea - talk about wooden ships and Iron Men ! You might even get me interested.

But I can't belive it - no Cod silloettes on the side of the stack ? Take it easy, Mate....Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 01:38 PM UTC
Well mates, stick a fork in 'er, she's just about done....in a few hours, we'll bring the MSW "No Guns Allowed" Campaign to a close....

I would like to thank all who have participated in this campaign, and don't forget, mates, we still have to choose a "Best in Show" for the grand prize, sponsored by BattleFleet Models, which is your choice of ANY Non-Armed vessel in Harry's catalog...the gallery will be set up and open for your vote as the Armorama DMom contests, so please cast your vote!

Vote Here!

Cheers!
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP