skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 11:14 AM UTC
Now hear this... now hear this!
All hands on deck!

Didn't get in on the MSW SOTQ (Ship of the Quarter) #1?
Well, now's your chance to get in on SOTQ #2!

Sign up today for a chance to participate in a great online ship modeling contest, build a model with your mates, and also for a chance at some terrific prizes!

Here are the sponsors for SOTQ #2:

So what do you think? Want to know more about the contest? Follow this link to read more!

SOTQ Rules

Sign up today, by using this thread, all you have to do is make a post here, and tell us what you're going to build, and starting with this SOTQ #2 you can make a build log post (aka blog) using our new posting feature.

As the rules state, this thread will run 15 days from the date of posting, and then the official sign-up period is over, then the build begins!

So sign up today, and Good Luck!

Skipper
PS: This post was published at 00:00 GMT September 1st 2007
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 02:20 PM UTC
Skipper,
You can count on me to be part of the contest. I will build the Russian battleship Orel.

What is the length of the contest?
Does the 15 day countdown start now?
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:38 PM UTC
Ahoy, mates!

Aye, tis that time again, a unique opportunity to show off your modeling skills, and have a chance at some really great prizes, as well!

This is our second modeling contest here at MSW, and hopefully we'll get a lot more entrants (hint-hint) this time around to mix things up a bit!

So, ye scurvy landlubbers, what ye waitin fer? Yearghhh!

~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 10:07 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!!

Don't forget that there is only a 15 Day Sign-up for the SOTQ 2 contest, as per the official rules!!!

What ye waitin fer?
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 02:10 AM UTC
Hey All,

Gunny is right only 15 days to decide. I'm pulling out all the stops this time so I need some peeps to keep me company along the way. So what do ya say?
RickHeinbaugh
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 03:01 AM UTC
I'll go for it. But please humor me and say right out what the starting date and finishing date are. :-) I confused myself something fierce last time. I guess that's why we carried a Navigator with us on ships - to make sure that even though we knew what we were doing, we got to the right place on the right day to do it. :-)
Thanks,
Rick
MikeM
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 219 posts
Model Shipwrights: 182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 05:53 AM UTC
I'll come on board with a build of the Battlefleet models Cherokee kit, not sure what as yet though.

Do I need to sign up somewhere or something?

Mike
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll come on board with a build of the Battlefleet models Cherokee kit, not sure what as yet though.

Do I need to sign up somewhere or something?

Mike

Ahoy Mike!

All you have to do is state in this thread, that you will be participating, and tell us what you'll be building, listing any enhancements or additions that you will be doing to the build...

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll go for it. But please humor me and say right out what the starting date and finishing date are. :-) I confused myself something fierce last time. I guess that's why we carried a Navigator with us on ships - to make sure that even though we knew what we were doing, we got to the right place on the right day to do it. :-)
Thanks,
Rick

Ok, from my calculations, Skipper posted the thread, Sept 1st, 00:00 GMT, which will make the official start date 15 days out from the initial thread announcement post, as per rules, or on Sept. 16, 00:00 GMT...
Then with two months (sixty days) build time, from this date (Sept. 16, 0:00), official end date will be Nov. 16, 00:00 GMT...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 03:32 PM UTC
This may sound a little petty. I see a lot of sponsors, but what eactly are the prizes? I only model 350 scale so winning 700 scale stuff would not help me much. I am kind of in the middle of the North Carolina at the time, but can drop it. I have a couple of ships that I can "blast -out" in 2 months like a Fletcher or Yukikaze. Maybe gift certificates...like Hasegawa....I really want that Nagato, or getting Larsenal set of twin 5 inchers for my Alabama as they are suppossed to be the ultimate
MikeM
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 07:02 AM UTC
I'm not quite sure what I will do yet, but it will be a build of the Battlefleet Cherokee class, possibly as an Argentinian aviso, probably with some minor additions to reflect the slight alterations, and most likely with some form of South Atlantic wildlife.

Mike
MikeM
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 05:25 AM UTC
Ok, I will be onboard with Argentine aviso (despatch boat) General Comandante Zapiola from the Battlefleet models Cherokee kit. She will be in the mid 1960's somewhere just off the rocky coast of Tierra del Fuego with some suitably placed wildlife.

Mike
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 05:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, I will be onboard with Argentine aviso (despatch boat) General Comandante Zapiola from the Battlefleet models Cherokee kit. She will be in the mid 1960's somewhere just off the rocky coast of Tierra del Fuego with some suitably placed wildlife.

Mike

Mmm-Hmm, sounds great Mike! Looking forward to it, mate!
~Gunny
RickHeinbaugh
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 01:12 PM UTC
Just to make my enlistment formal (ouch) I will be building the Revell Montrose kit as USS Navarro (APA 215) as she appeared in 1965-66.

This will be for presentation to a friend who served aboard Navarro during that time as a boat cox'n in the rivers in Viet Nam, for presentation to him on Veteran's Day, so I will be doubly inspired to complete on time for this SOTQ event. And, to boot, it will apply to the Model Shipwrights Riverine campaign. Maybe I'll be able to pick up some tips from Frank, since he is already working on a similar project.

I don't expect to modify the kit much, other than making it waterline and adding railings and modern radar. I guess I will deal with surprises as they arise.

Rick
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 01:38 PM UTC
Rick,
That's pretty cool making the build for a friend. I'll be posting some picks on my motrose soon.
armorjunior
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 03:01 PM UTC
i will build Tamiya's 1/350 Prince of Wales as see was when fully completed in 1941
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 11:15 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!
Ok,looks like we have five gents signed on thus far, looking good...we still have an entire week left to sign up, so let's double (triple, quadruple? ) the number of entrants, eh mates?

We can turn this new facet of MSW into something very good, but we need your participation to make it so! Tell yer buddies about it, have them sign on to our roster, and join in with the contest FUN (that's what it's all about, mates)...so, once again, what are ye waitin fer?
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 06:46 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!

What's holdin' you back? You don't need to have a ton of aftermarket accessories for your entry. You can build OOB! Don't think you have the time? Build a sub or a 1/700 kit. You can do it!
PFulgoney
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 42 posts
Model Shipwrights: 41 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 01:17 AM UTC
Combrig 1:700 Grille Aviso with suitable rigging, and photoetch as well as OOB pe.

Cheers,

Peter F.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 02:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Combrig 1:700 Grille Aviso with suitable rigging, and photoetch as well as OOB pe.

Cheers,

Peter F.

Welcome aboard, Pete!
Glad to see you joining in the fun as well, mate!

Remember mates, only a 15 day sign-up period, which means only a few days left!
imodeller
Visit this Community
Stredocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 50 posts
Model Shipwrights: 23 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 05:25 PM UTC
Hello all,
I'll go for it with RAF rescue launch from Airfix.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all,
I'll go for it with RAF rescue launch from Airfix.

Ahoy, Jiri!

Welcome aboard, great entry!
~G
MikeM
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 08:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers,

Peter F.

I'm prepared to bet this will be the first competition anywhere with two aviso's as entries, nice one Peter!

Mike
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 01:45 AM UTC
Hey all,

I'll build the "Zvezda models" Battleship Oriol. I'll throw in some GMM P.E. and some basic scratch building with the gun barrels and the mast.

Guys the deadline is sunday and today is saturday.......get busy and post your entries this is a great contest and the build I'm doing is a prize from the last contest. Don't make the powers to be sad, join in and have fun.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all,

I'll build the "Zvezda models" Battleship Oriol. I'll throw in some GMM P.E. and some basic scratch building with the gun barrels and the mast.

Guys the deadline is sunday and today is saturday.......get busy and post your entries this is a great contest and the build I'm doing is a prize from the last contest. Don't make the powers to be sad, join in and have fun.

Sounds Good, Frank!

All Entrants note, you have the option of documenting your build in the "Blog" style threads at MSW now...Hurry, sign on...the end is near.............
Good Luck!
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP