_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Italeri 1/35 Vosper MTB
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 05:12 AM UTC
Just staking out a piece of ground for what will inevitably become the build after I finish the Big "B". I will be building the Italeri 1/35th scale Vosper MTB with some after market goodies to pretty things up. I'll get some photos and a review up on the after market thingies. Build won't start for a couple of months yet I think.
cheers,
Julian
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 06:33 AM UTC
Marking your territory, eh. Don't know if you're aware that Griffon Models has some extensive PE sets for the Vosper which look really nice. Now, if only someone would come out with a twin 20mm mount. Al
Gremlin56
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 07:03 AM UTC
I have a single 20 arriving this week, two twin Lewis guns with the big cooling jackets in my stash, a brass replacement for the 20 barrel and a magnificent colour scheme. I also have a lot of time to line up some wee friends Al. Getting ready to rock on this one
Cheers,
Julian
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 07:58 AM UTC
Hi Julian,

Sounds a like this is going to be great build, will be following with much interest, particularly as I have the beast in my stash.

Si
Gremlin56
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 08:00 AM UTC
Thanks Simon, will be a while before I start it. Still immersed in the Bismarck.
cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
KitMaker: 998 posts
Model Shipwrights: 941 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 07:54 AM UTC
Good .. good I am for re to initiate my S-100 ... request permission in order that campaign is included in the MTB ... so we will have a battle in the English channel??
Jajajjajaja This is going to become warm!!!

My congratulations for this new emprendimiento ......

Regards Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 05:55 AM UTC
That would be fun Daniel, doing a blog on the Allied - Axis Channel agressors.......You do the S-100 and I do the Vosper here in one blog. I finally get a chance to spy on your tactics
cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 07:21 AM UTC
Jajajja it serious brilliant!! Account with I crumble friend. You will not be able to spy very much ... I am loading my generators of smoke .........

Regards Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 04:53 AM UTC
May 17th update:
The Italeri goodies arrived to boost some goodies already in the stash:

The Lewis guns:

The Italeri 20mm Oerlikon:

The Italeri set is very crisply moulded and with the addition of a brass barrel the 20mm should look very sharp.
My friend Daniel Moscatelli has more or less agreed to join a "Channel antagonist" blog in which he will build an Italeri S-100 and I will build a Vosper. We are still in negotiation to fix a date for this. I will consider it an honour to run a blog with Daniel.
Cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 07:47 AM UTC
Excellent extras!! The last generations of Italeri are of very good quality and an aborted a beautiful scale and in very good subject matter as the series MTB. I would like to arm the Series " M.A.S. Italian. Some day ...... Julian to share a blog with you, seems to me to be brilliant and the honor is mio !!!!! Assurance I will learn and will enjoy very much!!.....

Regards Daniel
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hi Julian,

Looking forward to this one, you're gearing up nicely.

Cheers

Alan
Gremlin56
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 05:11 PM UTC
Good morning Alan,
I am more enthousiastic about the Vosper now that I have gotten hold of a 20mm to beef up the armament. I also think the idea of doing a combined build with Daniel, (Channel Antagonists: S-100 versus Vosper), should be very interesting. The build will start after the Summer so that we have time to finish off some other projects first. Al Bubnis pointed out the Griffon PE set for the Vosper, but I am not sure if it is already available yet and I must have some RN crewmen.
Cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 09:00 AM UTC
Already I am anxious!!! Jajaja Joining extras.....

Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 05:01 PM UTC
That is a nice collection of after-market pieces and sets for the S-100. Did you check out Robert Schatton's site:

http://www.modellbau-schatton.privat.t-online.de/

He has nice brass barrels for the S-100, he also has rather expensive sea-mines for on the stern of the S-100.
I have the old Cammett set in my stash, I started on 1 mine but didn't finish things:

I did enjoy the S-100 build though:

Nice to see that you are gearing up for war
Cheers,
Julian

If you look carefully in the photo of the S-100 next to the U-boat you can see the old bicycle joke: In Holland we always ask Germans to return the bicycles they "borrowed" in 1940-1945. I couldn't imagine a German vessel not having a "liberated bike" on board to pop off for a quick schnapps at the pub. You can see the bike just astern of the gun crew:

Gremlin56
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 03:38 AM UTC
May 25th update:
My copy of "Allied torpedo boats" arrived from Amazon.uk.com arrived in record time. An excellent reference work with contributions from the "Nomenklatura" of MSW: Al Ross, T. Garth Conolly and Alec Cap. An excellent and readable book:

Have also rumaged around in my stash for the Cammett set of sea-mines:

Nice and very rare add-ons for the S-100. Daniel my friend, PM inbound.
Cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 12:20 AM UTC
Excellent images of your S-100!! He is a great work and inspirator for my humble work. Some time ago I remember to follow the thread of such a construction but as simple spectator. I never thought that it was going to construct a MTB with the teacher!! jejejje

The detail of the bicycle is a genius!! And the history too. A rapid and silent vehicle to go in search of alcohol without the guard finds out ... jajajjajaj
The set of mines of the friend "Robert Schatton's" they are spectacular but they are not available and his price really exceeds my budget. I am thinking of making them I same. We will see that I do disaster!!! Jejej

Finally ... congratulations for your new buy!! This book is very good some time ago a friend me ready it. Simple but give a general vision of the topic!!

your MP ......you are crezy man
Regards Daniel
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 04:51 AM UTC
Hola friends.... Today the postman woke me up with a surprise!!! I received a suspicious package of the friend Julian!!! Jajajjaja surprise!!!! The friend Julian sent this gift!!!!

Julian ... I continue insisting that you are a crazy man!!!!! Many ... thank you Friend!!!!

Daniel
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 10:45 AM UTC
I'm also getting ready to start my Vosper. I have some resin Lewis guns from resicast, a CMK oerlikon and the griffon full set is on its way to me but I havent yet decided on a subject. I like the idea of a 20mm on the bow and the flare launcher/ twin k gun setup but photos are so difficult to find.
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:34 PM UTC
I hope you didn't have to pay import duties Daniel. Will be interesting to see the mines sitting on your S-100, (better than letting them gather dust up in my attic).
Cheers,
Julian

Ps: don't throw the piece of cardboard away, that contains the PE ! 3 weeks transit time, not too bad at all.
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm also getting ready to start my Vosper. I have some resin Lewis guns from resicast, a CMK oerlikon and the griffon full set is on its way to me but I havent yet decided on a subject. I like the idea of a 20mm on the bow and the flare launcher/ twin k gun setup but photos are so difficult to find.

Welcome aboard Steve,
The plan is to start this thread up after the summer holidays.
Where did you get hold of the Griffon set and , (if you don't mind me asking), how much did you have to pay for it?

Cheers,
Julian
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:51 PM UTC
Where did you get hold of the Griffon set and , (if you don't mind me asking), how much did you have to pay for it? [Quoted text]

Good Morning Julian, I saw the Griffin set listed on LuckyModel (HK) for $162 (US). It included 4 of the Vickers 'K' .303 MG's, some brass muzzles for the kit .050 Vickers and some other odds and ends. Griffin is also offering the depth charge racks and the flare launchers as separate sets. Al
Gremlin56
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 12:03 AM UTC
Bless you Al, thanks very much.
cheers,
Julian
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 12:53 AM UTC
Yup, lucky model is where I ordered it from.....hasn't arrived yet so I can't really comment on it. I should have got the Italeri spares set instead of the CMK oerlikon, they are both about the same price and you get a lot more from Italeri...oh well........
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 07:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where did you get hold of the Griffon set and , (if you don't mind me asking), how much did you have to pay for it? [Quoted text]

Good Morning Julian, I saw the Griffin set listed on LuckyModel (HK) for $162 (US). It included 4 of the Vickers 'K' .303 MG's, some brass muzzles for the kit .050 Vickers and some other odds and ends. Griffin is also offering the depth charge racks and the flare launchers as separate sets. Al

I got one from Hobby Space for $72. It is not the super-duper set but the one just below it. Luckymodel have them with free shipping.
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 01:12 PM UTC
Julian Not pay nothing, direct postman to my house!!
Thank you friend!!!! Already we will see them in cover!!!
The set Griffon in stock Lucky.

I leave a pretty advance them ..... jejejjej

http://www.griffonmodel.com/product_view.asp?id=259&classid=84

Enjoy!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP