_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Enlist for "Dive-Dive-Dive" Campaign
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2004 - 09:00 AM UTC
as far as I know, you should start building for this campaign once the campaign started....you can't "finish" a campaign with a model you already finished, you need to build a new model for this campaign!

or am I wrong here skipper/11charlie/garrybeebe

Grt
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2004 - 09:17 AM UTC
I'm sorry Raven, you misunderstood what a campaign is. The idea of the campaign is like a group build. All members of the campaign starts on the beginning date with a unbuilt kit of there choice. This way we can all keep each other updated on our progress, and can help each other out through the build. It is not a contest in any form. It is all has to do with having fun and learning from each other. Please if you have another submarine kit, or you want to buy one to build, we would realy like to see you build along with us!

Best regards mate!

Garry
Raven
Visit this Community
Województwo Kaliskie, Poland
KitMaker: 7 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2004 - 09:34 AM UTC
OK. My mistake. But I have another model and Eduard PE set. I will start him soon, and if i had some fotos i wiil show them. I will also start with O.R.P. Dzik from Mirage in1/400 scale.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hi Raven!!

As Garrybeebee and MArtinnnn so well mentioned it is suposed for you to start your build only after the Start of Campaign, in this case December 15.
The ORP Dzik will be a good subject

And by the way: Welcome aboard!!!

Skipper
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2004 - 10:30 AM UTC
Speaking of submarine kits, I was going through some old stuff in the basement and I found the instructions (model is LONG gone) for the Revell "cut away" Polaris George Washington Class boat. Any of you guys ever do this kit as well?

I remember building this kit as a teenager in the 60's. At first I thought these instructions might be from that kit, but evidently my son must have built it as well. The copyright date on the instructions is 1975, and I know I build this kit prior to that date.

There is a Flat Red FS 11105 called out in the instructions, but nothing in the directions calls for this color to be applied to the hull, only interior parts.

Tom Hathaway
 _GOTOTOP