_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Info to all the Warship Mates on Big A
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:40 PM UTC
Hello

I just wanted to tell you that Garry and me, were supposed to be Co-editors to the Warship area... This was just about to roll, when the sad event happened...
I think that Garry was far more dynamic than myself, and I don't know if running solo I'll be abble to make this area what it deserves: Dynamic, interesting, full of discussion and humour, too!

The comradship and bonding amongs the members is great and I would like it to continue like this, and improve it more and more...

Now I am a Trainee Warship Editor, and I am glad and sad at the same time...
Glad, because finnaly the Warship Area got an Editor
Sad, because Garry isn't here and enjoy this

Rui
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC
Hi mate,

I'm sure you'll do a great job here. Don't worry about that.

I really start to like warships and I'll try to give it my best here and add something to this forum section!

Martin
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 02:26 AM UTC
Aye Aye Skip,

Just like Martin said, you'll do great.

You have your tall ship now and a star to sail her by.

warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Model Shipwrights: 142 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 05:46 AM UTC
Hi Skipper

In the past you have proven to be a very enthousiastic and interested fellow modeler, and in my eyes you have always been one of the leading forces in the warship forum.
We know that, now that Garry has been taken from us, it won't always be easy for you to keep up with the work and stress that being an editor will bring you.

But the warship section is frequented by a select group of people who are more than willing to give you all the assistance you need. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I'm building warships and following the forum more closely, I've come to consider us shipbuilders as a tight and select group.

Having worked with a lot of skippers and captains and crews from all over the world the last few years during my job, I can only say that I'd be honoured to have a man like you on the helm.

Keep up the nice work
Björn
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Model Shipwrights: 65 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:10 AM UTC
when i log on the first place i go is warships. i don,t know how others feel but year after year ive the model companies turn out new planes,tanks cars never ships ive felt that warship modelling always took a back seat . it took this forum and gary beebe to get me going again im sure youll do good like he did .all the best and what course shall we steer??
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:35 AM UTC
It definately is a bitter sweet moment and like everybody I wish Garry was here to see it.

Sean
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
I also would like to add that, after reading these posts, I know that this section isn't a "one man stand", but the result of all members efforts!

This that we have accomplished is the best hommage that we can make to Garry and his dedication to the "wet cause".

I am only the helm man.
Crew, man your stations
Course 270º , full speed ahead

Skipper
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:53 AM UTC
As a long time memeber of this part of the forum (I still remember the excitement when we hit 100 posts now we're getting close to a 1000) I can say that it is great to have a moderator/editor that actually contributes to the forum. I know Chris Decker would have been great, but Fine Scale Models snatched him from us. I always thought Garry and you should have it and It became so, Garry has passed on and you have to fly solo. But in a nutshell....WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU AND WILL SUPPORT YOU
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Model Shipwrights: 105 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 01:14 PM UTC
Congratulations!!!! A well deserved post sir! I really miss Garry but, I know you will do a fine job. DDD was really a success due to Charlie11, Garry and You! I will keep poking my head in here and participating where I can.
Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 05:52 PM UTC
Hi Skipper,
I am new to warshhip modeling but a long time armor modeler, and I look forward to your command of this ship. You and Garry would have been an awsome team. And I have no doubt that you will carry on in the finest tradition of the service.
Being new to ships, I will probably have more questions than answers, but I plan on being a part of this crew anyway. Every crew has to have a new recruit . Somebody has to swab the deck....
Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 06:00 PM UTC
Skipper,
I notice that a bunch of members have a banner in memory of Garry in their signature blocks. Would it be appropriate and allowable for me to honor Garry with that banner in my sig block? And if so, how and where do I get it? It seems a good idea for the warship modellers to stand together in this.
Plasticat
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 02:49 AM UTC
Skipper,

I have 100% faith in your ability to handle the Warships Forum. You and Garry have kept me motivated and you have vast knowledge we all can learn from. I think that's what a moderator should be able to do, and you do it well. Thanks for all your support thusfar, and thanks for helping to make the DDD campaign the success it has been. You and Garry really have helped me more than you know, especially in light of my very busy schedule. I salute you both
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 03:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Skipper,
I notice that a bunch of members have a banner in memory of Garry in their signature blocks. Would it be appropriate and allowable for me to honor Garry with that banner in my sig block? And if so, how and where do I get it? It seems a good idea for the warship modellers to stand together in this.
Plasticat

Right click on the banner and a pop up menu will appear. Chose the "properties" selection and the image properties will appear.

Highlight the image url (web address) by holding the left mouse button down and moving the cursor across the entire url. Then right click on that blue highlighted area and chose the "copy" selection.

Go to your profile and where the option is to add a signature image, right click into that field and chose the selection "paste".

Save the changes to your profile and the image should appear in your posts.

Here is the actual image url:

http://home.planet.nl/~noorl087/images/buttons/garryscampaigns.jpg
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 03:15 AM UTC
Robin!!

Thanks for handling this post

Plasticat,
Sorry for not solving your issue on the spot!

Skipper
 _GOTOTOP