_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
LCVP italeri (6441)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 06:25 AM UTC
LCT in 35th scale....now there is a dream kit. $1000 plus the 6 Shermans and the 40 -50 figures . 5 feet long now that would take the cake. Bring that to a model show all tricked out and you would probably walk home with either best in show and / or favorite model.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Model Shipwrights: 93 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 07:03 PM UTC
the barge LCA looks nice..first time i'd ever heard of the brand name..i think we don't have that here...maybe..just maybe hongkong base hobbiestore can provide the kit. the LCT4 is quite a piece. too big for my workroom. the whole kit is a diorama itself..tanks,troops and other accessories..you can create a whole environment in it. thanks for the information..i'll research on the fonderie miniature and check if i can get one. thanks again.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2005 - 04:30 PM UTC
hi there,..here are the latest images of my LCVP project...figures from academy,italeri,tamiya and dragon..heads from verlinden. the jeep is an old tamiya kit with 50.cal from academy. this is a test shot so probably the figures will somehow look differently while converting some of them in process. i made alot of changes on the landingcraft crew..using tank comanders from academy and other kit..

comments and suggestions are very much welcome...ummm.. actually i need information on the landing troops' uniforms. any materials or pictures will be very appreciated. thanks all.
TreeCat
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 187 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 04:16 PM UTC
Wow like what you did with the paint scheme. And your right that falls together after seeing your great results I started mine. I'm thinking USMC. maybe useing the Airfix multi pose figures myself. Thanks for the painting tips.

Hope the weather is nice my pen pal lives there.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 01:29 AM UTC
i was just wondering...did they have motorcycles during the normandy landing..i mean..after the beach-head..the 2nd or 3rd wave landings..when supplies and equipments had to be brought to the beach. well probably historical photos will justify the idea.

thanks treecat. the weather here is fine.. wet and dry..humid and sometimes cold. swaying palmtrees and lots a rice paddies. tropical weather all year round.

liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 01:51 PM UTC
hi there,..i'm almost finished with my project..little more details and some weathering. one tip for LCVP builders..make sure you have longer strings so when choosing open or close ramp will not be problem..mine got short a few inches. so i fabricated electrical wire, stranded it for the cable ramps. other strings are kinda 'wooly' so the best choice is copper wire..

the next thing to do is how to make water. cheerios and cheetos!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 04:14 PM UTC
That just looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see the LCM and LCVP "hittin the beach"
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 11:39 PM UTC
It looks very good Ed!

Congratulations! Don't forget my request
I think that they will look terrific in a Dio!!!

Skipper
TreeCat
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 187 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 11:58 PM UTC
Wow that looks good! Liberator figures and paint job have mine in subassemblies. Start my marines next week Thinking of a landing diorama also. " One of thouse islands with a name you cant pronounce" Pen pal is now a full fledged girl friend yes !

tree
 _GOTOTOP