_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
LCVP italeri (6441)
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Model Shipwrights: 93 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 10:25 PM UTC
hi there,...i just got my LCVP..and it looks okay..details are fine except for the figures..they got the same mold from the LCM3 that needs replacing the heads. after the LCM..my next project will be this..hope i can make a normandy dio with both crafts making the landing.

hope you like 'em.

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 11:02 PM UTC
Hi Liberator!

After your excellent LCM, I am looking forward to see your LCVP
Keep us updated, please!

Skipper
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 03:58 AM UTC
hi there,..check out the size of this craft..not too small. just right to place some troops and a jeep as well. and wow..the detail is something for a change..see the ribbings on the sides. it's a small craft compare to the LCM but the details are many. i like to try this one. and hope to finished it in a month or so.

thanks for viewing.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 04:05 AM UTC
I was amazed at the level of detail as well. Italeri is really coming around and producing some nice products. I really look forward to seeing how yours turns out in a month. Yes, like Skipper mentioned, it will look nice with your excellent LCM.

Best wishes
Steve
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 05:33 AM UTC
Figures.....tell me about figures! I've been thinking about both these craft, but would like some infantry figures to sort of fill them up. Figure I can put a Sherman in the LCM. What figures did you use with yours.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hi Steve (Blaster)

You just read my mind - wouldn't it be nice to have a bunch of guys laying low with the heads down filling one of these tubs??

You can make a LCM with a Sherman, or a Willis or whatever vehicle was used to be transported in the LCM, but what about troops only??
And the LCVP is crying for a situation like this...

I think that Liberator used the troops that came with the LCM with some changes (if the memory serves me well)... Liberator, the ball is on your side!

Skipper
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC
I've had visions of the same thing, back when Foundrie Minatures (I thin that's spelled correctly) came out with theirs. I've wanted to do an Omaha Beach landing and yes, figures were a major concern then. At the time, I thought about using some of the Tamiya figures since their uniforms and equipment, were close to what have been worn on June 6.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 07:34 AM UTC
Hi Steven!

It's Fonderie Miniature

Jean-Luc
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 08:13 AM UTC
LOL Well...I was close

Thanks Jean Luc
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:17 AM UTC
Heya, Folks,

I just wanted to toss in my two cents: indeed, it is a beautiful kit... I built mine in a day...goes together easily. The ribs are beautifully represented, but you might want to pre-paint in the hull interior as it is tough to get paint between the ribs once everything is dropped into the hull tub.

Yeah, the figures are clunky... The two .30 cal machine gun tubs are beautifully rendered!

GREAT kit and and EXCELLENT companion for the LCM! Definitely going to purchase another!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:41 AM UTC
I don't think Shermans were used on LCMs. They were used on LSTs or LCTs
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:55 PM UTC
Hi Alan

The mention to the Sherman was retorical
The thing is, you have some vehicles to fill the tub on LCM's but don't have figures in a proper position - unless you want to have a dio with them beached...

Skipper
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 04:56 AM UTC
more pictures..showing the three main parts of the craft..lower hull..interior and upper hull. the jeep does fit well but doesn't quite fit on the anti skid plates of the craft..wider vehicle like WC51 fitted perfectly on those anti skids.

with a jeep..troops can easily move around it..with wider vehicle. no doubt it's like packed sardines on a friday night. one question..did they carry WC51 or howitzer on this craft? artillery can be pulled out once it landed on the beach. thanks all.
bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 07:20 AM UTC
I thought that they put all sorts of stuff into those LCVP's. Anti tank guns, artillery, trucks/quads, jeeps universal carriers, daimler scout cars, m-8, m-20....anything that would fit! Probably even light tanks!! I am sure I have seen pictures of dozers and jeeps pulling artillery pieces out of LCVP's. That kit looks light years ahead of the old Lindberg 1/32 kit. Way more detail!!! But curiously the same old bulky gorrilla like figures to go with it. Too bad someone wouldn't put out a set like Dragon's 29th inf, only all standing or walking so you could pack in 30-40 guys in there for a dio!!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 11:05 AM UTC
That's a lot more detail than I expected for in Italeri kit. Looks like it's a winner.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 04:11 PM UTC
hi guys,..here are some pictures of lastnite's work..painted it with flat black and brown as base color..then applied some chalk and water on areas of chipping. the difficult part was assemblying the upper hull and interior of the landing craft...the deck support plate must align with the upper section. mine's a little offset on the left side of the craft but can go unoticed.

i just hope they'll come up with a crew figures and troops to go with the craft. and yes.. the ramp assembly and hinges is fragile. i broke the holes when test fitting the ramp.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 10:36 PM UTC
You work hard and fast Liberator!

It's coming out real great!
I like you choice of base colour for it!
Have you choose the version you're going to paint it?
I am thinking on painting mine in the British scheme

Keep up the good work and keep us updated

Skipper
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 03:33 PM UTC
my choice will be the US navy scheme in the Normandy landing..if i can build a dio..it'll be on the side with the LCM..maybe next time..Iwo Jima and the pacific theater.

i think..i applied too much chalk on the craft..well let's see if i can retouch some areas before closing the paint job. except for the details..the LCVP is almost done. hope they'll come up with troops for the landing.

thanks again.
JLGARAM
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
KitMaker: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

my choice will be the US navy scheme in the Normandy landing..if i can build a dio..it'll be on the side with the LCM..maybe next time..Iwo Jima and the pacific theater.

i think..i applied too much chalk on the craft..well let's see if i can retouch some areas before closing the paint job. except for the details..the LCVP is almost done. hope they'll come up with troops for the landing.

thanks again.

Dear Liberator,

I am assemblying another LCVP. Pls, could you tell me which colours (Ref. Tamiya) you are using for US Navi scheme? Thanks a lot.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 05:53 AM UTC
Holla José Luis!

Welcome to Armorama, and specially to the Warship Area!
It's always great to see another member around here!
I know that Liberator will answer to you soon, if you need any further help, please ask!

Do you have any pictures of you LCVP? Or other Naval model?

Gracias por la visita

Skipper
JLGARAM
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
KitMaker: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC
Yes, I have got some pictures of my LCVP but I do not know how can I put them on this (jpeg archives)?
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC
hi there,...i usually used lighter shades of color for the model..it would be easy to weather them and make them darker on other areas. the instructions tells us medium grey. but i sprayed my model with light grey(as-2) on the top hull and the bottom hull nuetral grey(as-7)..the lightly spraying them with light grey(as-16)..to hi-lite the details and panels..i used meduim grey with small amount of flat black. and for final touches..which will be next in a couple of days..i'll use rust color..flat brown in some areas. check the progress and paints on the pictures.
thanks for having interest on the LCVP. if they'll produced other types of the landingcraft(1/35)..i'll surely buy one and collect the series...and it must have troops to go with. thanks again hope to see your LCVP in progress.

95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 05:17 AM UTC
YES SIR! Very nice indeed! I really like the skinned up paint and the shading. Nice touches everywhere I look. Yep, I like it!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:46 PM UTC
Spectacular job on a wonderful kit. One of the companies needs to come up with a three set's of 6 infantry fiures to go with it, or better yet a 25 pack.....arms and legs and bodies for a design your own...have to have at least one puking figure :-)
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 10:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, I have got some pictures of my LCVP but I do not know how can I put them on this (jpeg archives)?

Holla José!

Once you have joined Armorama, you have access to a Gallery space
You just have to click on the Gallery link (second navigation bar) and when you got there you will see a link called "My Gallery". Click on it and the follow the instructions after clicking "UpLoad Fotos".

For posting them here, you have two options:
Either copy and paste the url bellow the foto, or right click over the foto and copy and paste the url in Image Properties.
To include a picture on your post you have to first click the last button over the text box where you are writing and then paste the foto url.

Hope this helps

To Liberator:
Appart from working super fast (in comparison to me) your LCVP is coming out great! As Steve said there's nothing to be pciky about it
Congrats on a wonderfull Landing Craft!

Also you should check Fonderie Miniature LCA (they also have a LCVP) and if you have the Time, Cash and Space, Accurate Armour's LCT (4)

Skipper

_GOTOTOP