_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
YO!! Dreadnoughts Rally Call!
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 01:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Frank
Most of all it was fun to scratchbuilt something this small - it is harder than it looks.
Since I ordered one from Loose Canon models, I am looking forward for the resin one to arrive and see the differences
Thanks

Skipper

Regardless of what the resin one looks like, keep the scratch built one for the diorama, It will give you the satisfaction of a personal job well done....
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Model Shipwrights: 248 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 07:29 AM UTC
Made decent progress on my Nelson over the weekend. Got the shelter on the B turret, and started with the 20mm gun placements. Figured out where all 61(?!!?) of them go. Now if I can actually get them bent up and placed it will be just short of a miracle.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 04:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Made decent progress on my Nelson over the weekend. Got the shelter on the B turret, and started with the 20mm gun placements. Figured out where all 61(?!!?) of them go. Now if I can actually get them bent up and placed it will be just short of a miracle.

Sounds good mark!
61 gun placements, eh mate?? You'll be busy for a while!! Keep us posted with updates and some pic's if you can! Thanks!
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 05:01 PM UTC
Gunny to Skipper, Gunny to Skipper...

Hey Rui, how's that little tug doing??? Did you get any further on that lil' beauty?? How about some update pics, mate! I'm dying of anticipation to see it painted up!!!

Gunny
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Rui, how's that little tug doing??? Did you get any further on that lil' beauty?? How about some update pics, mate! I'm dying of anticipation to see it painted up!!!

Gunny

Hi Mark and All

Here they are:
Painted but not weathered tug

Scratchbuilt mooring pier/block - need to make another

I also have started more sub assemblies of the Arizona; all turrets are done, all guns done, most of the deck detail painting is done, started on the forward superstructure PE, aplying PE in twisted areas - zigs and zags and curbs and zigs (all these in a 3mm lenght!).

So far none of these sub-assemblies are glued to the deck (not even the 01 deck) so that I can handle them easily!

It as been a fun built so far - with no big problems!

Skipper Out!
;)

MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 11:07 PM UTC
Looks great Skipper...you did a great job on that little tug! Look forward to seeing more pictures.

As for me...I painted the steel decks on the Gneisenau last night - just need to go back and so some touch-up painting and I can move along with assembly.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gunny

Hi Mark and All

Here they are:
Painted but not weathered tug

Skipper Out!
;)

Rui, That tug looks great, my friend, fantastic job!! Thanks for sharing!
Gunny
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 05:26 PM UTC
Hi Mark & fellow shipmates

Just by way of update I am still in and my kit has arrived and I will be starting it this weekend.

A big thank you to Mike your generosity is greatly appreciated and I will be dedicating my build to you my friend. I hope I do it justice for you.

Regards

Sean
 _GOTOTOP