_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
NEWS
DML's Arizona in 1/700th Scale
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 05:43 PM UTC
Just posted, news of DML''s first ''Premium Edition'' Ship kit in 1/700th scale. - The U.S.S. Alabama. The full story can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 05:57 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Glad to see that you still are active with us!
I have finished recently for Dreadnought Campaign their previously released special edition Arizona...

I wonder why they have made the upgraded parts in a rubber kind of material, turrets in die cast - although the PE set was a good touch, as was the turned brass barrels

Interesting - although I have to say, I'll pass this one
Have enough 'Zona for some while :-)

Thanks for sharing
Skipper

95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 07:33 PM UTC
I wonder if they'll ever consider producing this in a 1/350th scale? the 1/700th looks really nice and not too small, but I really like 1/350th or 400th, it's easier for me to work with.

Thanks Jim for the article!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 01:58 AM UTC
So which is it, USS Arizona or "U.S.S. Alabama?" Sorry, just had to point out one of your exceeding few errors. I find it a little interesting they decided to make a premium kit of such a recently released kit that already had some "premium" items in it, like the P.E. Since I don't have the kit Skipper has this might be the kit I'd want to pick up. Let's see, that would make four USS Arizonas I'd have, the Banner kit, built but very badly, a Banner kit unbuilt that I aways planned on making a waterline model, an old Revell kit, and then this DML one. Can anybody have too many Arizonas?

_GOTOTOP