_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
From Skipper...
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 01:21 AM UTC
Ahoy Crew!

Here we are again!
Another Christmas and another New Year approaching - colision course:)

First I would like to thank all participants here, some more active, others not so much (time doesn't strech as sometimes we need it to...) for making and keeping the interest and so many curious subjects on the Warship Forum.
I want to thank the members that contributed with content, either News, Reviews, Features, MOD or Walkaround Features and invite others to do so. I know that we have the quality and the knowledge around here -let's keep this area of Armorama afloat.
A Big Thank You must go to all manufaturers that share their news here, and ask questions around and keep in mind that the Modeler Counts.

We have passed through some difficult moments but with the Crew Spirit that we have here, we were able to reach a safe harbour.
My X.O. [Steven Arthur - 95Bravo] has been off for some time, but I know that once he get the time to come back, he will! Family and Job comes first.

I can't pass also the Warship Campaign Leaders, Darryl (11Charlie) - for DDD, Mark (Gunny) - for Dreadnoughts and Flattops, and Kenny (subhunter) - for Leyte Gulf, for giving their time and effort to keep interest in these wet contraptions we call Warships.

Thank you all

This is just to tell you that you are part of a family, a great family, and I would like to
Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
May you get all you need and want this Xmas, let's wait for a better 2006.

For Garry...

Skipper

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
Well put, Rui, and right back at ya Bro! Thank YOU for helping to make it all possible! It's been my pleasure to help out at the salty side of the Big A, I've made some friends and learned alot too! 2006 will also be a great year!
Gunny
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 02:19 AM UTC
A very Merry Christmas, and a Happy and healthy New Year to all you swab jockeys.

My Santa, or SWMBO bring you everything on your wish list.
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 02:26 AM UTC
Hi Rui

Thank you for all your efforts in the Warship section of Armorama.

As I told you before, you, Darryl and Steve really got me into Warships and it won't let me go anymore lol. DDD1 was perhaps the most fun campaign I've participated in so far (yes better than the diorama and armour campaigns Ive joined), with all the enthousiasm from the participants. It was great.

The most sad thing was losing Garry, but it's a great thing we still remember and honour him with the Warship campaigns!

I say we make the best of 2006 and keep the Warship spirit high!

Martin
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 04:59 AM UTC
Being an oldtimer, I remember a time when hardly anyone ever posted here. It seemed that Roger and I were the only ones that really tried to keep it going. Then Garry came in and dragged a few others in. It's been great to see the forum grow. I remember when there were less than a hundred post to this section. NOw we have almost 1500 and seem to have attracted a small but spirited bunch. I look forward to many more campaigns and swapping jokes with you guys

Steve Joyce
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 05:16 AM UTC
Merry Christmas to all.

Thank you Rui and all the other salty dogs out there for the positive support and fun we/ve had this year and the years to come.

Kenny
Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 05:53 AM UTC
Thanks Skipper, and all the rest of the regulars. I've enjoyed everybodies input and sharing a lot and look forward to another year.
Merry Christmas

and Happy New Year
lennythexdca
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 34 posts
Model Shipwrights: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
Well said Skipper...Merry Christmas to all of you Salty Dogs, and here's wishing all of you a SAFE and Happy New Year. Hopefully over the coming year I can be more active here in the WARSHIP forum...after all I did spend 25 years of my life riding the damn things!
Tiger101
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 902 posts
Model Shipwrights: 105 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
To all in Warships and Armorama Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I have been away from the board myself. Things have kept me away ...... But now I am back.

My Dreadnaught project is on its way and, I am looking forward to Flat tops and DDD2 (Martin DDD was my favorite campaign too!) I hope there are more to come this year. These salty things taste great! LOL I am kidding .... but the campaigns have taught me alot and it has expanded my modelling universe as it were.

So a healthy and happy to all you sea dogs!
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 01:03 PM UTC
Thanks Rui for all you do to keep things rolling in the Warships forum. As school winds down over the next few months, I hope to get all the modeling I've been putting off the last two years going at full speed! I can't wait to get going on DDD2!

Thanks to the rest of you who make Warships a great forum as well. I love you guys.
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Model Shipwrights: 65 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 01:09 PM UTC
merry xmas to you all have a good time i hope that the new year will be good for all of us
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Model Shipwrights: 446 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC
I second that - a Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year to all in the warships forum! And seeing as I feel charitable I'll even wish the same to the landlubbers
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 10:32 PM UTC
Ships aren’t my main interest but having been here awhile now and completing my first ship in the dreadnoughts campaign and joining the flattops campaign I can honestly that I intend to spend more time here next year.
Thank you all for showing me a side of modeling I would probably never have come to on my own.

I wish you all a marry Christmas and a happy new year.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,064 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 08:44 AM UTC
Merry Christmas Rui and everyone else!

May you all have a wonderful and wonderfilled New Year.

Sure have missed a lot since I've been gone. Inventory is almost finished and maybe my life can get back to normal....whatever that is

See ya on the other side!
 _GOTOTOP