_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Frigates
This is for topics on modern Frigates. For the sailing variety they should still go under Sailing.
F225 Rheinland-Pfalz German Navy 1/700
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 11:04 AM UTC
Jan,

Looking sweet. Now if you could create a diorama with the setting sun from your other post that would cap it.

Mark
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 09:27 AM UTC
Looking great Jan,

Nice job on the flag halyard. Getting close to commissioning .m Looking forward to the next update.

Cheers

Si
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 - 09:42 AM UTC
Mark and Si,

thank you very much for your kind comments!

And here is the next update, and - suddenly things go fast - the, let's call it 'first objective' achieved! My 1/700 as such is finished, I could even say commissioned, and that before the 1:1. But that will not be the end of this build log - more about that at the end of this post.

Main mast with flag - actually, not correct if I'd be building my ship, since we are still flying the square flag, not the dove tailed one of commissioned units.

And the there are a few more 'artistic license' things - there's no NH 90 type helo that could land on our flight deck, but most likely there will be one some time. And we don't have our Harpoon surface to surface missiles yet. But it simply seemed, well, not fitting to leave those off. The brown TEU on the deck behind the forward superstructure are as we had them during our first passage of the Kiel canal this February.

So what is left? Well, I was asked not only once about a sea base / diorama, and yes, I'm planning to do one. I still have two BUSTER boats and one helo to add:

So that's one thing why I'm saying it's not the end yet. But honestly, before I come to the sea base, I have to build something different, so that will come at a later point of time, this thread will be a little bit dormant.

Next thing is, I connected this build log very closely to the 1:1. So I will update you with infrequent pictures, should there be something presentable going on there, and of course I'd like to present you the commissioning of the real frigate here, should I still have the honor to be the one conducting the ceremony. As of now, I should.

But for now I take a short (productive) break, since before I start a new build and build log, I have to clean this up and thoroughly reorganize it, to transform it into a proper working place again...

The next one, I can say this much, will be 1/350 again, full hull and WWII area. So in many ways back to the roots, but with many, at least for me, new aspects of modeling. And depending on how this 'new forum' version develops, I might very well start the new build log in the new forum - will be a few weeks anyway.

For now, thank you all for your great support along the way, for looking in and all your kind and encouraging comments, that helped a lot to keep the motivation high, and again, this is only dormant, maybe even only slumbering - so stay tuned!

Thanks again and cheers

Jan
McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 349 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 - 01:49 PM UTC
She is stunning Jan. That mast and flag alone are little works of art!
Choowy
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 125 posts
Model Shipwrights: 125 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 - 02:26 PM UTC
Fantastic Jan! On that scale excellent result. Nice to see another modern ship completed. Looks very neat, nice ship design too.
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 - 03:56 PM UTC
Great work, Jan. I've enjoyed watching this little gem come along, and I'm looking forward to the sea setting as well.
The excellence of the small build is a good omen for the commissioning of the 1:1. May it be just as flawless!
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2020 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hi Jan,

Congratulations on commissioning.

Impressive build, the level of detail in 1/700th is superb.

Will keep my eyes open for part II.

Cheers

Si
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2020 - 02:03 PM UTC
Congratulations on commissioning, part 1, Jan!

A fine example of nano engineering in 1/700 and tied in to the development of your 1:1 made it all the more enjoyable, mate

Keeping a weather eye out for part 2, and also looking forward to seeing what next hits your bench (I think I may know already )

I'll see you over in the new forum with my next build when you start yours

Let's crack open the to celebrate
Panzer_Modeler
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 419 posts
Model Shipwrights: 146 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2020 - 03:53 AM UTC
Very nice! Great job finishing that tiny ship!
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 08:18 AM UTC
Dear all,

thank you very much for your kind words and for all your support along the ride!

More will follow here, as promised, but it appears that we get even more delays on the 1:1...well, that remains to be seen. I'll update you with new about the 1:1 here, as well.

Quoted Text

Keeping a weather eye out for part 2, and also looking forward to seeing what next hits your bench (I think I may know already )

I'll see you over in the new forum with my next build when you start yours

Let's crack open the to celebrate

For now I'm busy with real life work, 1:1 business and 'refurbishing' my model shipyard to get it ready for my next project. Well, this cleaning, reorganizing and so on feels a little bit more like real life work than hobby, but hey...
And yes, Russ, certainly you know what will next hit the bench, mate!

So thank you all once again and stay tuned for occasional, infrequent updates here, as well!

Cheers
Jan
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 496 posts
Model Shipwrights: 404 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 02:43 PM UTC
Awesome build, Jan! She looks fantastic!

Tim
 _GOTOTOP