_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Dreadnaught progress report
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 01:22 PM UTC
whoohoo got my PE railing and 1/700 uboat....

The uboats look pretty good but the railing just screams..."replace me, replace me, I'm ugly"

Martin
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 04:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

whoohoo got my PE railing and 1/700 uboat....

The uboats look pretty good but the railing just screams..."replace me, replace me, I'm ugly"

Martin

Hi Martin!
I wish that I could see some photo's, but uploading is still a no-no here with the site transfer...there's still lot's of time left with this build campaign, so by all means, if your railings are causing so much commotion, then definitely dump them! :-) ...

Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 05:59 PM UTC
Got the second color on the Arizona's deck, this weekend I'll mask off the remaining planks and get the third color on.

Kenny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 06:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Got the second color on the Arizona's deck, this weekend I'll mask off the remaining planks and get the third color on.

Kenny

Bring it on, Ken!
Gunny
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 05:44 PM UTC
I got them uploaded so here they are.

(Well looks like they don’t have the button in the gallery to copy pictures so I don’t know if this will work or not. If not you an see them in my gallery.)

She’s the 1st ship I built as well as the 1st project competed since I got back into the hobby.

it took awhile and I know it has some problems but I think it turned out pretty good.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 07:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

She’s the 1st ship I built as well as the 1st project competed since I got back into the hobby.

it took awhile and I know it has some problems but I think it turned out pretty good.

Hello, Jacob!
Good work for your first ship model, Bro! Modeling is like riding a bike or swimming...you may get a little rusty in the down time, but you never really forget how to do it!! Thanks for the entry, and the build experience...there's still plenty of time left if you want to build another, Jacob!...
Gunny
redneck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 665 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 08:09 PM UTC
Just edited my above post and got the pictures to work.

Thanks Gunny.
The campaign was a lot of fun.

I’ll have to pass on the 2nd battleship but I will be starting on a carrier for the flattops campaign next month.
I will still keep an eye out on this campaign and look forward to seeing the rest of the ships.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 05:45 AM UTC
http://ca.msnusers.com/armorama/3442.msnw?Page=Last
pictures of my kit waiting for the deck to be painted( althought right now its roughtly painted and is in need of some touch ups.)

The only regret about this kit is lack of experience and avoiding sub assembalies :-)

Mike, il have it looking very good for this campaign!
Frank
the_rider
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 39 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 11:05 AM UTC
I have just registered in this campaign, thanks to Blade48mdr which had the gentiless to send me a Yamashiro. I seek information on the Yamashiro, unfortunately I did not succeed in finding a lot of images nor informations with Google. Do you have more precise sites on the subject?

Again, I thanks Blade48mdr and I'm happy to participate in this campaign

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 02:07 AM UTC
Hi All

Things seems to be coming into a slow building period...
So what's the updates on your Entries?
Any more good stuff?
Don't forget to upload your entries (in progress and completed) in the Gallery

As for me I can say what I am going to do:
It will be a 1/700 Arizona or a 1/700 Musashi (late configuration) in a waterline dio.

I hope that I can start this beauties early in the year!

Keep'em commin'

Skipper
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have just registered in this campaign, thanks to Blade48mdr which had the gentiless to send me a Yamashiro. I seek information on the Yamashiro, unfortunately I did not succeed in finding a lot of images nor informations with Google. Do you have more precise sites on the subject?

Again, I thanks Blade48mdr and I'm happy to participate in this campaign

Here's some links to some other builds of the Yamashiro that you may find helpful...

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/bb/ijn/yamashiro-700-bv/bb-index.html

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/bb/ijn/yamashiro-700-at/at-index.html

url=http://homepage2.nifty.com/vanguard/700contents/yamashiro1.htm

You can find out more info on her here:

[url=http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm[/url]

If the MW.com links don't work, go to the MW.com gallery and search under Yamashiro
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 11:44 AM UTC
Hey guys! Been missing ya'll.

I still have nothing started but, I have most of January off from school (only three classes to go), so I'm hoping to get a good start on my kit (IJN Hanura) during that time. Gotta find a PE set by then also.

Sounds like you all are moving right along. Keep up the nice work.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 04:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As for me I can say what I am going to do:
It will be a 1/700 Arizona or a 1/700 Musashi (late configuration) in a waterline dio.
Skipper

At long last the elusive Skipper doth unveil his project to mine eyes! :-) ...no but seriously, I wish you the best of luck with your build, Rui...Thanks for sharing with us!

Martin, your entry looks great! Very nice work and thanks for the entry and participation...

Plenty of time to catch up, Darryl...no worries, no hassles...just fun, Bro!

And don't forget, mates...16 days and counting(No, not til Christmas, silly!) to the start of the next Warship Campaign, Garry Beebe's Flattops Campaign! Official start on 1/1/06, so if you haven't signed up yet, what are ye' waitin' for, and if you did sign up, thanks for the participation and get ready for ANOTHER memorable warship campaign...I need all of your help to make this as excellent as the past warship campaigns, so let's keep up the talk and pic's!

Gunny

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 05:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

At long last the elusive Skipper doth unveil his project to mine eyes! :-) ...no but seriously, I wish you the best of luck with your build, Rui...Thanks for sharing with us!

I think that this Campaign is going very good -but has with all Campaigns there is always a slowing down momment - That's why I didn't start in the beggining of it
I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 05:27 PM UTC
Ahoy, Maties!
I just wanted to shoot out a short note to one and all, thanking you again for the wonderful participation thus far in the Dreadnoughts! Campaign, and helping to make it a great success to date...but don't forget to keep me posted on all of your progress, as this build goes on until April of '06, still lots of time to build another entry if you wish or to enlist now and build your first entry...and don't forget, Flattops! is right around the corner! Ten days and counting, mates! I want to wish you all a safe and happy holidays, and Keep Modeling!
Mark
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 09:39 PM UTC
Well, believe it or not I finally got a start on my IJN Haruna. Cleaned up the modeling table, got some things organized and broke open the box. Filled a couple spots that needed attention on the bow and decided I better get a PE set for this kit before trying to put anything together, so if anyone knows of one for this particular kit (Fujimi 1/700) let me know.

It's a start...
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:07 PM UTC
I have my first piece of PE railing (about 6 cm) on the Scharnhorst :-) Really improves the looks of the ship a lot! Worth the extra money!

Martin
 _GOTOTOP