Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Channel Adversaries
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
KitMaker: 998 posts
Model Shipwrights: 941 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 06:48 AM UTC
This would call..... Tunning the Vospers with Julian Sallows. Full equip, HiFi, airbags, ABS

Well Thanks to All.... Marck, Al, Piper, Roger, Kev for the comments and the contributions!! In my case Im more anticipated that my friends for having many things already initiated to the moment of the conversion to RC ... this way that now Im entertaining with the PE of the cabin of control!!!

DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 06:53 AM UTC
2 more ....

TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 07:00 AM UTC
Looks really sweet Daniel. I've got to starting saving my pennies so I can have an S-boote of my very own. Been fighting that temptation for a long time and finally realize it was a lost cause all along. Al
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 07:09 AM UTC
Friend run for her!!!

Daniel
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 07:17 AM UTC
You forget to mention the fuzzy dice on my rear view mirror Daniel, It was an 8-track too, not a HiFi
Great work on the wheel house, looking very spick and span sir!
Did you notice that the flying bridge is very well designed with two hatches you can open to bash the helmsman on the head with a spanner if he falls asleep?
Gremlin56
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 07:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks really sweet Daniel. I've got to starting saving my pennies so I can have an S-boote of my very own. Been fighting that temptation for a long time and finally realize it was a lost cause all along. Al

Go on, admit it...............resistance is futile
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 08:40 AM UTC
By jove, a yank third rudder on a briddish MTB just isn't pukka! I will just have to keep my stiff ... Upper lip, keep calm and carry on and all that. Travesty blah blah blah... Still no reason why theycouldn't have just made the existing twin rudders larger... Blah blah...
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 09:19 AM UTC
Friend Warren!! I understood that you was of vacations until Friday!! I must accompany Warren's reasoning!! For that not to enlarge the size and I list ??
Daniel
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 09:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You forget to mention the fuzzy dice on my rear view mirror Daniel, It was an 8-track too, not a HiFi
Great work on the wheel house, looking very spick and span sir!
Did you notice that the flying bridge is very well designed with two hatches you can open to bash the helmsman on the head with a spanner if he falls asleep?

you can open to bash the helmsman on the head with a spanner if he falls asleep?

You dont want to know that of bad words that an spent by these hatches....

Daniel
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hi Daniel.
I can keep an eye on proceedigs using my phone whi h has www access. Your build ks looking fantastic. Back to the Bench on Friday.
Heers
Warren
Gremlin56
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

By jove, a yank third rudder on a briddish MTB just isn't pukka! I will just have to keep my stiff ... Upper lip, keep calm and carry on and all that. Travesty blah blah blah... Still no reason why theycouldn't have just made the existing twin rudders larger... Blah blah...

I asked myself that question too, why not just fit bigger rudders. Still, transformed my build from a wimpy two rudder Vosper to a Vosper with a rudder hanging in the middle
Gremlin56
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 04:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Daniel.
I can keep an eye on proceedigs using my phone whi h has www access. Your build ks looking fantastic. Back to the Bench on Friday.
Heers
Warren

What is WWW? World Wide Warren?
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:31 AM UTC
The truth is that this Warren in secret trip to the facilities of the shipyards Lurssen to photograph the system of helms of the Shnellboots!!!

The materials ...... beams of bicycle . electrical connections and screws of PC.....jejeje .

continuara
Gremlin56
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 05:05 AM UTC
That looks very interesting Daniel, I am wondering how you are going to detail the deck and superstructure to your usual super standard and still be able to make a watertight connection between deck and hull. I would be too terrified to even try this but I bet you already have that all worked out
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 09:12 AM UTC
I think you may have too much of a load on one servo to operate three rudders Daniel. My advise would be to just operate the middle rudder. But you may be using a higher power servo of course.
alross2
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 317 posts
Model Shipwrights: 308 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 09:20 AM UTC
[quote
Al's drawing is reproduced in Lamberts Allied Torpedo Boats but I don't think its right. I've never found any mention of the third rudder being retro-fitted to earlier boats as they had less powerful engines.[/quote]

Let's not rewrite history without proper documentation, gentlemen... In the late 1970s, I had the honor of corresponding with CAPT Peter Dickens, CO of MTB 234 and SO of the 21st MTB Flotilla. In a letter dated 3FEB78, he confirmed the triple rudder arrangement, indicating that originally there were only two. In his book NIGHT ACTION, pp. 167, 229, and a few others, he talks about the triple rudder arrangement and its effect on handling.

Al Ross
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 09:46 AM UTC
Oh boy you guys just never fail to amaze me.

Love the work and the great friendliness and "banter"

Daniel you are the true master! Inspiring work I am in awe. That Eduard set looks pretty useful.

Roger - see Eduard sets 53038 & 53039 and the Big Ed set BIG5306 all on the Eduard website look under the "Ships" reference.

Cheers

Sean
RogerEP
KitMaker: 30 posts
Model Shipwrights: 27 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 11:40 AM UTC
Roger - see Eduard sets 53038 & 53039 and the Big Ed set BIG5306 all on the Eduard website look under the "Ships" reference.

Cheers

Sean[/quote]

Sean, I seem to have shot myself in the foot just a wee little bit. I've just discovered the Eduard PE sets you refer to are actually for the S-100 Schnellboot and NOT the Vosper MTB as I first thought. So it seems that Griffon are the only mob (so far) to do a PE set for the Vosper, now all I need to find out is who is stocking it!!! Hobby ??? who did stock it haven't got back to me yet after being somewhat confused when I emailed them and they asked me for the catalogue numbers of the sets which I provided but as I said no reply............yet.
BNA Model World here in OZ are listed as a distributor so I'll email them again to see the availability and more importantly the possible cost.

Cheers,
Roger.

Allied Coastal Forces nut.
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 12:43 PM UTC
No problem Roger.

Didn't realize you are located just across the Tasman in Australia.

Never know you might like to try an "E-Boat or "S-Boat" some day.

Cheers

Sean
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 02:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers

Sean

Sean, I seem to have shot myself in the foot just a wee little bit. I've just discovered the Eduard PE sets you refer to are actually for the S-100 Schnellboot and NOT the Vosper MTB as I first thought. So it seems that Griffon are the only mob (so far) to do a PE set for the Vosper, now all I need to find out is who is stocking it!!! Hobby ??? who did stock it haven't got back to me yet after being somewhat confused when I emailed them and they asked me for the catalogue numbers of the sets which I provided but as I said no reply............yet.
BNA Model World here in OZ are listed as a distributor so I'll email them again to see the availability and more importantly the possible cost.

Cheers,
Roger.

Allied Coastal Forces nut.[/quote]

Here..
http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?search=Y&q_brand=&q_category=&q_scale=&q_word=vosper&q_show_instock_only=N
All sets available.
Gremlin56
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 04:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

[quote
Al's drawing is reproduced in Lamberts Allied Torpedo Boats but I don't think its right. I've never found any mention of the third rudder being retro-fitted to earlier boats as they had less powerful engines.

Let's not rewrite history without proper documentation, gentlemen... In the late 1970s, I had the honor of corresponding with CAPT Peter Dickens, CO of MTB 234 and SO of the 21st MTB Flotilla. In a letter dated 3FEB78, he confirmed the triple rudder arrangement, indicating that originally there were only two. In his book NIGHT ACTION, pp. 167, 229, and a few others, he talks about the triple rudder arrangement and its effect on handling.

Al Ross [/quote]

This makes me so happy Al, historical grounds for fitting a third rudder, very nice.
Cheers,
Julian
RogerEP
KitMaker: 30 posts
Model Shipwrights: 27 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 05:09 PM UTC
Thanks Warren,

Good stuff.

RP.
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 05:49 PM UTC
I am staying well away from extra rudders...
But I visited the bench for the first time in five days and got a bit done..
First up was building a much more detailed IFF antenna for the bow deck.. First up you chopped the plastic antenna off and added a new piece of styrene..

Then you bent some brass pieces and glued them together like so..

Then you bent some antennas up out of brass wire and bent some more PE..

Then you glued the PE parts to the plastic mast bits..

Then after all that you put it aside to dry only to have a CF-100 drop on it and break the plastic mast. Then you drill the plastic rod out and insert a spare piece of wire and hope it all holds together.
I also got some paint applied to the hull and deck..

And an overall view of the stern deck with all its jewellery attached before it gets painted boring old grey..

After that I made a start on the helm// More tomorrow..
Cheers
Warren
Gremlin56
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 06:33 PM UTC
Welcome back Warren, glad to see the sharks didn't get you, (or at least left enough to do some blogging and building).
Nice progress on the Vosper, what colour scheme are planning to do?
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 06:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome back Warren, glad to see the sharks didn't get you, (or at least left enough to do some blogging and building).
Nice progress on the Vosper, what colour scheme are planning to do?

Medium grey, dark grey and black.. that's it..

Mine is but a side-show now the real players have started their builds..

Cheers Julian
Warren