Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
The King! - HMS King George V, May 41
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 10:32 PM UTC
Thankyou Richard

Nothing planned as yet in terms of Naval subjects.

Currently trying to thin the stash of aviation topics. You can see me over in the Big Three Campaign or soon-ish in the Schwalbe Campaign

Alternatively, click on the banner below and you'll be able to browse through my Hangar Collection

PS. Thinking of something a little more modern for the next Naval Build, but it's a ways off yet, so don't want to say too much
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 03:39 AM UTC
Russell,

Wonderful work, she is a beauty. Great detail, paint work and the rigging is great.

Mark
McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 349 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

PS. Thinking of something a little more modern for the next Naval Build, but it's a ways off yet, so don't want to say too much

Now that makes me curious... I have a bunch of modern ships in the stash. Maybe the next campaign idea
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Now that makes me curious... I have a bunch of modern ships in the stash. Maybe the next campaign idea

That's the plan Rory although, I have to say, naval topics and campaigns are hopelessly mismatched in my household

Quoted Text

Russell,

Wonderful work, she is a beauty. Great detail, paint work and the rigging is great.

Mark

Thank you Mark She was a labour of love, without a doubt
Cosimodo
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
Model Shipwrights: 871 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 12:18 PM UTC
Just epic Russ!

Not just the final shots but the whole build and story. I'm glad you got there. I have a couple like this that some focus, so maybe when I move on from cars I can finish them.

cheers
Michael
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2020 - 01:50 PM UTC
My compliments on this beautiful build!

You have done the King George V proud, and it has been a pleasure to watch your build process unfold. Bravo Zulu!

RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 07:41 AM UTC
Really great "glamour" shots Russ,

Excellent build, would not look out of place in any Maritime Museum.

Cheers,

Si
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just epic Russ!

Not just the final shots but the whole build and story. I'm glad you got there. I have a couple like this that some focus, so maybe when I move on from cars I can finish them.

cheers
Michael

Thank you Micheal Very kind of you.

I know what you mean about having a few too many builds on the go. Trying to limit myself to just 2 at a time these days

Quoted Text

My compliments on this beautiful build!

You have done the King George V proud, and it has been a pleasure to watch your build process unfold. Bravo Zulu!

Thank you very much Tim I'm humbled.

Quoted Text

Really great "glamour" shots Russ,

Excellent build, would not look out of place in any Maritime Museum.

Cheers,

Si

Thank you so very much Si. again, I'm very humbled.

So glad, so many of you have come along for what has been a long ride. Fingers crossed the next naval adventure won't take as long
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hi mate,

joining in pretty late, sorry for that!! I did look at your glory pics some days ago (and didn't find the time to comment right there) - somehow they don't show any more today? Might as well be a problem at my side... - just fantastic. You did her honor in every possible respect. This is museum quality right there, absolutely amazing and it was great following you along all the years for the ride! Great job extremely well accomplished, BZ!!

Cheers
Jan
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 09:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi mate,

joining in pretty late, sorry for that!! I did look at your glory pics some days ago (and didn't find the time to comment right there) - somehow they don't show any more today? Might as well be a problem at my side... - just fantastic. You did her honor in every possible respect. This is museum quality right there, absolutely amazing and it was great following you along all the years for the ride! Great job extremely well accomplished, BZ!!

Cheers
Jan

Thank you so very much for being along for what has been a very long ride, Jan!

Couldn't have done it without the support of all of you guys following along and providing the energy to get her finished!

Not sure what's going on with the images at the moment, mate. Seems to be an issue with the KM Gallery! Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon!