_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Operation: Warships of the Atlantic Conflict
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC

Now that's thinking bluebear!!!! It's one of the "Dohh!" things, you wonder why it never occured to you before.......
Good on ya!

Tread.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 03:09 PM UTC
Hi ya'all !
More progress on the Heller Lutzow. I have the superstructure assembled ,painted and attached to the deck. Painted the bridge windows in black, now I am painting the black and white camo stripes on the superstructure. simler to the Bismarcks B&W camo. Just about done with that, wooo! what a task! All hand painted and I had the ship in every angle possible to get it done! Then I masked off the hull to continue the stripes down the side of the hull. Will try to paint those stripes in tomorrow. After that I can start adding all the small parts and AA guns on. So far it is a very pleasant build!

Till next time,

Garry

P.S. I wont be able to post any pics for awhile, I use a 35mm camera and I have to take up the whole film , then have it developed on a disc before I can post any. So it takes time!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 03:26 PM UTC

Man, garry. You've just GOT to get a digital camera! With the kind of camo work you do, ya gotta share! :-)

Tread.
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 714 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 07:50 AM UTC
Here's my entry. I only have 1 week to build, so I hope I get it done.

Revell 1/72 Vosper MTB on a temporary base. Only the hull, deck and transom have been put together at this stage.

BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
I don't know how, but this topic is open again. Skipper Jim closed it several weeks ago, he wants us to use seperate topics. Try setting up a new topic under Atlantic Build---England. Your MTB looks good so far---I haven't seen one out here in my local shops yet.
 _GOTOTOP